hooker super comp headers

Sale of V8 Ranger trucks and parts

Moderator: MalcolmV8

87ranger
SM: No

hooker super comp headers

Post by 87ranger »

i have these hooker super comp headers that have been sittin on my shelf for 5 yrs.i had fitment problems when installing in my truck because of my custom mounts, they are slip fit collectors that have been welded to reduce leaks and only one of the flanges is cut to seperate the primaries during installation, thats just the way they do it, these headers have to be set into the engine bay during installation of the engine because they use a lot of space, if the welded slip fits are a problem they could be cut and have another collector siped on just in front of the old location, i welded an o2 bung in the drivers side and i only have an hour of run time on them, they go for 409$ new, would like 300$shipped
twin turbo v8 menace
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

hey i have head man swap headers right now and l&l motor mounts and aod how much clearance problems will i have installing these headers thanks
87ranger

Post by 87ranger »

i dont have a clue. i made my own motor mounts so i wouldnt have any idea,the tubes are just really big and fill up the engine compartment, thats all, you can see on the #6 primary where i dimpled the tube alittle for some extra streering shaft clearence,i welded the primarys to stop the leakage associated with slipfits, when doing your truck with the engine/trans already in, you pull your engine up with a hoist and move the engine side to side and they will drop in
twin turbo v8 menace