The Blue Ranger Project has Officially Started!!

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

The Blue Ranger Project has Officially Started!!

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Well I guess today marks the first official day of project Blue Ranger. With the Red Ranger mostly done and just waiting for some good summer days I couldn't wait to get started on the Blue Ranger.

Specs:
94 4x4 Ext. Cab, 4.0 V6 stick (pics coming soon)

Today I drove some 200 miles to pickup a 2000 Mercury Mountainer that only had 11000 miles. I got the tranny from the same vehicle too (same miles). I also got the AWD transfer case (about 19k miles).
$650 motor
$650 tranny
$450 AWD T-Case.

Accessory brackets, power steering assembly, A/C compressor, Alternator, starter motor = $50.

Since I was doing a custom Ranger swap they filled up a 5 gallon bucket with misc nuts and bolts and gave it to me. They also threw in scraps they had laying around, return type fuel rail (with injectors), trans cooler and a few other things they just gave me.

I wasn't able to get the air hose, mass air meter, mustang engine harness, and distributor. But it's a good start. I'll have to get a new page going and some pictures. Actually I need to get all the pictures I have from the remainder of my Red Ranger project up too.

Anyhow this swap will be more geared as a budget practical swap. It's going in my daily driver and I'll be preping the truck little by little so the "actual" swap should go by pretty quick. For example I have already fitted a v8 Radiator in it, electric fan setup (with dccontrol.com). By getting almost everything ready ahead of time I'm hoping the actual swap won't have more than a week of downtime. I'm shooting for early this summer.

Well just wanted to share.

Thanks
Malcolm
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8