Insturment Cluster Compatbility??

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

95sanger

Insturment Cluster Compatbility??

Post by 95sanger »

Hi All,
I'm new to this site and am getting ready to put a 5.0 Explorer and auto trans in my 2000 Ranger prerunner (smog compliant as I live in the republic of Kalifonia). Question number one: My truck didn't come with the factory tach but I did com across one and wonder if this is plug and play???
Question two: I understand one of the pressure sensors in the Exploder metal fuel tank has to be transferred to the Ranger. I'm wondering which one or both. And how this works as the metal tank had provisions (cut outs), and the Ranger plastic tank has none....

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: Insturment Cluster Compatbility??

Post by Dave »

Welcome!
No problem at all swapping the dashes, hard part is just getting them out, plug and play. Got a good pictorial instruction on the install. Never heard about having to swap tank sensors. They both run on the same pressure, 56-72 psi and I believe the same output.
Dave
Found the site:http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior ... d-run.html
I need to change a couple of the lights but also going to the 2003 light gray panel while I'm at it.
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
95sanger

Re: Insturment Cluster Compatbility??

Post by 95sanger »

Thanks for the reply. I found that link, Yikes now I have two! One I bought and one off of my donor!

The sensor thing is a Kalifornia only situation. The last swap I did (16v Tracker to Suzuki Samurai), took five trips to the referee prior to getting the states okay. It's a mo fo when you live in the second most polluted area in the United States :(

Trying to get the bases covered BEFORE the game starts!

Mike