I should have left my snow tires on!

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: I should have left my snow tires on!

Post by Dave »

87sc302 wrote:Dave
Having same problem,currently working on job being built in France. Dates are easy ,design terms and good old metric system keeps things interesting.
Who were you working for?
I was with Gilbert/Commonwealth engineering for over 15 years then Parsons bought them out and I left.
I worked for Woodward Governor Co in their hydro control division for over 24 years. Worked on Hoover and Grande Cooule, the most impressive ones. They moved to CO and I desided to stay here. Our old engineering maniger moved on to Voith, they had a problem and called me. I was on a plane down to Kingsport TN to do an evaluation of some damage on one of the governors at the dam Ft Patrick Henry. Then I worked with Zimpro as their pressure vessel designer and general guy to put out the fires as they came up. Did a 40ft tall reactor with 4" thick wall that was designed to reduce the residue from VX nerve gas. 2500 psi at 700F, carbon steel with an 1/8" alloy 600 overlay on the insides. Retired from there and in a month they called me back in for another 6 months at about 50% more. Doing contract work here from home right now, back in the hydro and pressure tank field. Lots of interesting stuff out there. Saw an eyebolt about 30" in dia that was used to pick up the BIG eyebolt used with the 2000 ton hydraulic crane and the one million HP turbines at Grand Cooule.
Dave - just a rambling along aren't I
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
87sc302
SM: No

Re: I should have left my snow tires on!

Post by 87sc302 »

I worked about 8 years doing Biomedical R&D then got into the Nuclear piping analysis for about 8 years got tired of traveling and got into project controls. I do cost estimates for things that have never been built before like the neutron accelerator, SNS project, in Oak Ridge TN and the Fusion reactor being build in france. Working at A National lab is always interesting.
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5