Want to thank Dave & Grumpy!

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

rangerfab
SM: No

Want to thank Dave & Grumpy!

Post by rangerfab »

As im finally approaching the finishing touchs to my 5.0 swap, I just wanted to thank Dave, Grumpy, brandon & the v8 forum, rangerstation forum for all the advice & help. I fired up my truck and felt really good to hear it fire up. Most of the swap was plug & play except for the ECU & some simple rewiring.

97 explorer high output GT40 from MPS auto salvage
2000 explorer wire harness BIG thanks to grumpy
GT40P hot jet coated exhaust manifold from dave.
Reflashed ECU with PATS disabled, Speed limiter disabled, O2 sensors disabled & EGR disabled. Thanks to brandon.

Again thank you & deeply have my gratitude and appreciation to all those that helped me.
-Eddie

Grumpy if your still alive give me a call. Hope you didnt pull the snake joke on your wife I mentioned to you.
Grumpy

Re: Want to thank Dave & Grumpy!

Post by Grumpy »

GLAD to help out Eddie ... and still stands .. if ya need anything...advice or parts or anything .... give me a yell....

will try to return your call today... been really busy the last few days and still waitin on my son to call me.... i think ill have to go move him out of his GF's house and back to my moms.. prob today or tomorrow or the next day .....
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Eddie,
Really glad everything worked out! Really mean that. It was like pulling teeth to get you to join here but hope you think it was worth it. Spent about 45 mins today talking with the Grumpy one today, sure wish I had the good weather you guys got down there.
We are not a big site by any means but just a lot of good Ford people who do go out of their way to help others. Talked with and discussed a lot of issues with most. Post up some pictures of the "beast" when you can.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

I just ordered my radiator so all thats left is a steering wheel & muffler.

Thanks for the replies, I learned alot from dave & kevin about the 5.0 as well as the forums. At first I was debating about joining the forum because I dont have a good internet connection except when im at the ranch, and from past experiences of other offroad forums. But I got to know some good people.

A good story of how cool of a guy grumpy is, he went to a salvage yard after a strong cold front blew through and spent 3 hours taking the harness off an explorer so I can be where im at now on this project. Those type of people are few and far between and its good those type of people exists today.
As for dave he is a patient person, especially for the countless common sense & technical questions I had regarding the swap as well as getting me in touch with brandon.

The ECU reflash costs $200 and what your paying for is a license file to program the ECU. He can change tranny shift points from stock to race and most important completely disable PATS.

I should be able to post pics in the coming weeks when I move it out of the driveway and take some decent photos of it. I named my truck "thumper". The truck will have 8 HIDs 9" Pro Comp offroad lights. So it will make night into day.

Plans after the truck is running:
1.Beef up the front suspension with a stronger uniball spindle
2.Build some bomb proof motor & tranny mounts
3.Get air bump cans
4.Finish lining the whole truck with turbo liner
5.Put a fiberglass dash to mount guages
6. Take thumper out for a drive offroad.
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Eddie,
Grumpys wife sent me a message from him while he was out in that yard pulling that harness, seems like he had forgotten just how much of it your wanted or needed. He is used to the Mustangs and kind of got to wondering how much was needed, that's how things work with a lot of us. Take care down there.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting