HID conversion

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

carvinmark
SM: No

Re: HID conversion

Post by carvinmark »

Grumpy wrote:Mark .... all .. or most of them bulbs are replacement ones..... they look like high beams ONLY .... no lows ....

would be better to find a whole KIT to do it with ... but make sure it has high AND lows in one bulb ... if not... they might not work .. or you might only have highs .....
That's cool, I just saw it and posted the link.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Thanks for doing that. At some point, I do want to get a set. But I want a set like was described with the motor so I can get the low/high functionality.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

I still got to figure out what I bought but it's really low on the list right now. Still sorting thru some things I might have bought 10-15 years ago and trying to figure out what project they were for.
Did I mention "Winter Still Sucks!". Another 6-12" of that beautiful white stuff but the wind is only 25, gusting to 35 mph.
Dave getting grumpy
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

That bad weather is heading here and it's cols as heck allready!
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

heh heh heh .... its in the mid/high 60's to mid 70's here all last week and supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's all this week too ....
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

Grumpy wrote:heh heh heh .... its in the mid/high 60's to mid 70's here all last week and supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's all this week too ....
Lucky you, can we all come and visit for vacation? We could call it a Ranger round up, lol. :roll:
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

Sounds good to me... I am so sick of winter.... And we just got another 7 inches of snow sunday night.... The wife and I just went down to Florida last week. I hated coming home to the snow, but was glad to get home.. Spring cant get here fast enough..... :mrgreen:
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

sure... come on down ... for you guys in the north .... and come on over ... for you guys in the south .... its warm here and supposed to stay that way for at least the next week or maybe two ... so.. SPRING is here or at least CLOSE in the south ....lol

i got plenty of parking space too ..... i got 16 acres here... 7 or 8 of it in pasture ... no trees ... lol ..... and a 3/4 acre pond FULL of fish and ducks and geese and a few beavers too ..... so yall come on down and we can have that "Ranger Roundup" right here on my land ... lol

im game !!!!

and Dave ... you get me a shipping price ????? i looked them heads up on the World Products site and didnt see them there .... but i estimated the weight and came up with 40 lbs each .... that sound close ??? if so.. shipping is like $35 each ... if i remember correctly ....

UPS Ground $31.29 USD
Delivery Area Surcharge - Rural Extended $3.00 USD
Fuel Surcharge $2.06 USD
Charges Per Package $36.35 USD
Shipment Total: $36.35 USD each head (box)
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy