Couple of questions regarding fuel pressure regulator

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

rangerfab
SM: No

Couple of questions regarding fuel pressure regulator

Post by rangerfab »

Does any one happen to have a pic of the location of the aftermarket aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on the motor?

Also does the explorer 5.0 radiator thicker in the middle than the ranger 3.0 radiator?

thanks
-eddie
Dave
Supporting Member

Re: Couple of questions regarding fuel pressure regulator

Post by Dave »

Eddie,
Check your inbox. Just now saw this message.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Grumpy,
That's good info but he is running the 2000 Explorer motor/computer that only has the supply line. The regulator is built in at the in-tank pump. Adding to that, he is running a fuel cell, kind of like Malcolm did on the blue truck. Really gets tricky sometimes.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Dave,,,, ok ,,,, thought he was goin to use a 5.0 out of a mustang or something like that .... he goin to runt eh return-less system then ..... ill see what i can find on that too ...... i see it somewhere earlier while looking for the one i posted.... give me a bit and ill see if i can find it again .....
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

Ebay had some helpful info on the core demensions for the radiator difference. on the 5.0 the core measures H 20 3/4 x W 23 5/8 x T 1. On the 3.0 it measures 20 3/4 x 23 1/8 x 1 or 20 1/2 x 25 5/8 x1. They do sell thicker core radiators but may be different in demensions on the OEM specs. Not much difference & finally mounted the taurus fan on. Have to admit its a tight space.

On the fuel cell I have in my ranger its a RCI 20 gallon aluminum cell with a GM sending unit with a auto meter pro comp series fuel guage. The pump & regulator are exterior but dont remember the pressure regulator that was put on.

At dave still no luck at the wiring harness I need from the salvage yard thats helping me find a harness.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

ok... you running a fuel cell... so you need to know or see the regulator that can mount on a firewall or anywhere else ???also what kind of pump are you using ?? i found a page that has ALOT of diff pix of regulators and the location where they are and a couple diagrams on how to hook it up for EFI or Carb apps ...... some with fuel cells too....... hope this helps ......

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1 ... tbs=isch:1

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-l ... -help.html

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

oh... what wire harness you needing ??? i can look around here too ... i can get some parts REALLY cheap if i pull them myself .....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Here's what I sent Eddie, good discription of the difference in regulators between the return vs non-return fuel rails/regulators. I know some have mounted their regulators right close to the cell/pump and ran the return from the regulator to somewhere in the fill tube or back into the tank if that's possible.
Dave
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/ ... p?t=100501
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

Thanks for the info dave. Dont remember why type of regulator or pump that was mounted.....A friend of mine put it on about 2 yrs ago but il have to get in touch with him on the info. I know they got the pump & regulator from carquest.

Im looking for a 2000 explorer 5.0 Engine harness with MAF sensor plug. Dont want to spend alot of money for the harness. But if you know of anyone that might have one and would be willing to sell it, Im interested.

I have 2 97 explorer 5.0 engine harnesses. un cut & an extra alt & battery harness

I already mounted the alt & start & battery harness, and have a tranny harness aswell.

Away from that Im thinking of using a windshield wiper switch with park, low, high to run the 2 speed taurus fan. Would that work? I also plan on running an dual 85amp cont solenoid
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Eddie,
Let me check my "spares", I know I have a couple of the '98"'s but don't know how much different they are from the 2000. Might want to tell that yard to hold off for a week on a harness. Spares? I picked up a brand new '96' harness with the sensors a couple of years ago for $60, came off a crate motor someone was converting to carb. Just never know when and where I "might" need one. Think I have three '98' CPU's on the shelf.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

The yard thats finding a harness for me, is charging me $60 for the harness, but unfortunately they have only 96-97 harnesses but they said if they find an 00 explorer at an auction they would send me the harness, so ive been checking with them every friday for an update. The main thing is the cam synchronizer plug ( its a 2 pin) I think and I need a harness with a MAF plug as well. The harness I have only has the plug for the sensor on the air tube and not the MAF sensor. The harnesses I have dont seem to have a cuts or splices and look identical.

Also I noticed a difference in an a/c wire plug. On my 3.0 the the alt & start harness has the sensor plug for the a/c on the left side but the 97 alt & start harnesses I have it does have that plug? Any answers to that? & would a 00 alt battery harness have the connection for the a/c sensor thats on the left side?

thanks dave
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

sorry for the typo, the harnesses I have do not have that plug?
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Time for a trip out to the garage in the morning with a camera.
DAve
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

hope the camera doesnt malfunction with the weather j/k