DIY tuning support for 96-01 Explorer 5.0L EECs

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

DIY tuning support for 96-01 Explorer 5.0L EECs

Post by cgrey8 »

One of the members of EECTuning.org develops def files, which is not an easy thing to do. Well he's finally gotten support for most of the popular EECs, and he's gotten around to getting some support for the Explorer 5.0L EECs. I haven't talked to him about what all is and isn't supported and how much these things can be modified. But all the standard tuning capability, including 4R70w tuning or disabling that support, should be there. I believe you'll be able to disable things like CAT monitoring (secondary HEGOs), EGR, and PATS in 98-2001 EECs to work. What I don't know is if the EECs are capable of being modified\disabled to accept older style inputs like standard VSS sensors instead of ABS speed interlinks and emission monitors like gas tank pressure monitoring since many older vehicles won't have those. I just need to confirm he has support to adjust/disable those things. The important thing is the support is now available for those that want to do DIY tuning with Explorer engines using stock wiring harness and EEC so you shouldn't need to retrofit Explorer engines to work with old Mustang EECs and wiring harnesses.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: DIY tuning support for 96-01 Explorer 5.0L EECs

Post by Dave »

Sounds good, keep us in the loop.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater