Insomnia?

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Soul
SM: No

Insomnia?

Post by Soul »

So last week had a spinal tap and it leaked and ever since they put a patch in my back I have not been able to sleep, Friday 6am-11pm Sunday I was awake and now I've been awake again since Sunday noon-ish. Only thing that has changed is they put me on blood pressure meds. I'm sleeping like 12 hours for every 48 I'm up, normally this would be fine but I work in a customer service type job and being on 36+hours with no sleep leaves me with no patience. Home remedies any one? I'm popping sleep aids and they make me hyped up instead.
87 Ranger: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 64cc 185 AFR heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Full manual reverse VB c4
plowboy34

Re: Insomnia?

Post by plowboy34 »

What sleep aids are you trying? Theres a vitamin called Melatonin, your body makes it naturally and it is to help you sleep. It makes less as you get older or if you are stressing. They are very cheap. I take them quite often cause I can't get my mind to shut off when it is planting or harvest time. I take two at a time and they really help. I am not all groggy when I wake up like those tylenol pm make me. I wouldn't use them to save my life. Anyways they are in the vitamin section usually.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)
Soul

Post by Soul »

I don't know the brand name, it was a prescription (commercial with butterfly).
87 Ranger: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 64cc 185 AFR heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Full manual reverse VB c4
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

The blood patch you had done wont have anything to do with keeping you awake. Dont you just love that head ache you get from the leaking spinal fluid? OMG, I thought I was dying.. I couldnt even sit up. I was on my hands and knees crawling to the bathroom just to take a leak.....
I get those sleepless nights about once a week. Usualy its because my mind wont stop thinking. I use to take Amitripalien, not sure I spelled that right, They use those for back pain also, but they are a mind drug. There suppose to help it so your brain will shut down... They worked for me. But sometimes I was pretty sleepy the next day.... Sometime I would even take some nyquil. That stuff would knock my ass out hard for about 4 to 5 hours. I only sleep about 6 hours a night anyway....
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
Soul

Post by Soul »

Couldn't sleep again last night so I "fixed it" I took 2 benadryl and drank about half a fifth of rum, slept like a babe after that.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Do you do things like this too?

Or this:

Or maybe a little of this:

Just don't do this in a V8 Ranger:
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Soul

Post by Soul »

At first I thought you were accusing me of being a hooligan as I only saw the first pic and thought some one did that as a joke, then I made it through the rest of the pics WTF is wrong with people.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Go to the site mentioned at the bottom of each pic...and you'll see lots more good stuff. Some are actually good ideas I'd do if I had to in a pinch.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org