Happy Birthday you old Grumpy!

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Happy Birthday you old Grumpy!

Post by Dave »

Here's that intake plate you wanted as a present. Just cut it out to fit, JB weld it on and you should be good to go. How's that for being a good guy like you know I am!
Dave - I do my best
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: Happy Birthday you old Grumpy!

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Dave you are the man. Grumpy I have one of those and the workmanship is phenomenal. You'll really like it.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Agreed. It really makes the engine look like it was put there from the factory. I have that plate as my avatar over on EECTuning.org, but the pic is too big for this forum to accept it, so it won't display here.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

yeah ..... i love that plate and am saving my $$ to get one from him too ..... they look wicked !!!!
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Chris, you posted this up just after you got yours.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Chris ...................... can you post a couple pix of the throttle body and the 90* elbow you got on your engine ??? i got the same elbow but need to see what TB and/or egr spacer you got on there as my egr spacer is trashed ....... it was corroded to the long studs and it busted all to pieces when i finally got it to move ..... it moved like 1/8 inch then the side busted .... lol ..... so i need to see what i need to get now so i can use what i got for now ...... Thanks
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

The 97-01 Explorers use an external pipe to get exhaust up to the EGR valve. The 96-early 97 Explorers used the intake manifold like the Mustangs did. That's the elbow I'm using since my Explorer intake still has the EGR provision in the upper and lower. Around 98-99 era, Ford eliminated the EGR route in the upper and lower making a traditional EGR valve not an option for anything more than appearance for smog testers.

Here is Malcolm's modified elbow which is typical of the 97-01 Explorer 5.0Ls. Ignore the welded-on block:

Here's my 96 Elbow:

Does that help?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

yup...... helps alot..... now i got to go look at my intake and see which one i got ... the one like the Mustang that will take my egr or the one like Malcolm has .... i know my elbow is NOT the one with egr provisions ..... so it might be junk to me b4 i even get to use it .,.... like it really matters .....we have no emissions here so it is just a step to get over i guess.....

i need to get out there and get back on my truck b4 it gets to late in the summer and crap and make me have to wait till next spring to get it done .... but im still waiting on a bit of funds so i can order my shifter ...... i got a dude that is goin to buy my Mustang when i get all my stuff pulled off it .... he wants it cuz it is a 25th anniversary one and a GT on top plus he wants the reputation that it has...... so he can brag to a few ppl ....lol.... talk about LAME ........ but if that is what he wants then so be it ...... im not goin to turn down his offer ..... $850 and all he gets is a stripped out body ... thats all .... i would be stupid not to take that ........ that will get my shifter and send Dave the other part on payment for them heads ..... so i can get them sooner than i wold have if i had to wait for other means... lol

anyway ...... ty for the pix and if i need anymore ill give a yell right here .... TY guys !!!!!!

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Hey Grumpy! What you mean having to wait till Spring, thought it was nice all year? Up here we're maybe 4-6 weeks from the first frost. You going with that shifter from Hanlon? MM & FF just featured some of his work on the Tremecs. Sure seems to have a good rep in the Mustang community. You all take care down there. Still got the heads saved and one intake plate waiting for ya.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

it is nice here MOST of the year but it does get cold here too .... not like up there tho.... but im not goin to lay on the ground out in the cold to do this .... i dont have a garage or covered carport or anything to do it under ....... YET ...... working on that too

well i HOPE to have ya a lil $$$$ here b4 to long so i can get them heads at least 1/2 paid for till i get this dam Exploder paid off some more ..... but as far as the intake plate..... that will be paid for by the end of Sept. i hope .............. ill take on a few "small" jobs here to get that $$ up

yep .. goin to get the Shifter from Hanlon Motorsports .......... i have seen several write ups with him in MM&FF and a couple more magazines over a LONG period of time so he is well known in the Mustang and Ford business

god ill be glad to get this over with .. lmao

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy