Reason for constant timing?

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: Reason for constant timing?

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I agree. We went to a local friend who drag races a lot and works at a tranny shop for a living. He works on other racer's trannys out of his garage more as a favor than anything because he charges very little. I'm not familiar with his skills as a tranny mechanic but his car is fairly impressive. Some sort of old Chevelle looking car with a small block chevy. 430 odd cubes. I forget the exact size it's bored and stroked to but he's running a 300 shot of nitrous and it dyno'd 900+ to the tires. He runs high 8s in the quarter mile and has some really impressive photos of it launching at the strip with the front wheels so high in the air the rear bumper is scrapping.

Anyhow he opened up that TH400 and there's a huge snap ring that holds the clutch packs in for 2nd gear that had come loose. One of the tabs that sticks out of the case that holds the snap ring in place and broken off. There are some 10 odd tabs and he said we could just reassemble with a new snap ring but considering the high performance application we got a new case. Also when he opened up the pump he said it had a groove in it which should not be there and told us it needed replacement too. So new pump and new case and it's already all put together. We got it yesterday. My buddy's going to try and install it back in the car this weekend.

Oh yeah and the guy who did the tranny work for us said the parts inside where definitely very stout. In his opinion redneck used some top dollar parts. Maybe they just suck at putting stuff together? who knows.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
rojam18801
SM: No

Re: Reason for constant timing?

Post by rojam18801 »

that's the same thing i got when i had my redneck c-4 redone. full of good part's and second gear gone. maybe they put the new guy on second gear or it was monday and he was hungover....the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost