PLEASE DELETE THIS POST

Sale of V8 Ranger trucks and parts

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Grumpy
SM: No

PLEASE DELETE THIS POST

Post by Grumpy »

i found a set of KAUFFMANS ok guys i have seen it here somewhere b4 but cant find it now .. but im looking for a set of used hedders ... would really like to get a set of the Kauffman ones that i seen someone here talking about they had for sale or knew of a set for sale ... would consider the pro-comps too if they will fit without cutting my frame .. will consider all others if you have a pic of them.

i would get a set of the hooker ones but i have heard ppl having alot of probs out of them getting them to fit correctly and having to bend them up or cut the frame out some .......and the Tri-Y ones.. well . i just dont like the way they look ..... but i LOVE the Kauffman long tube ones and would like to have a set if possible

im fixing to order my mid-shift conversion for the tremec in a few days and what i have left will be put up for a set of hedders .. so let me know and post a note or send me a message on here .. thank you all very much for all your help and info on how to do this ....... if it hadnt been for this forum i prob would never have done thins or gotten as far as i have now ...lol which right now aint far but i got ALOT and almost all my parts to do this project.. Thanks MAlcome for a informative and helpful forum and to all the people here for their help and info .....
Last edited by Grumpy on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Re: WTB .. set of hedders

Post by Dave »

He found a set of Kaufmanns, finally!
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Grumpy

Re: WTB .. set of hedders

Post by Grumpy »

Thanks Dave .... AKA Mac .... AKA Swapper..... and i REALLY appreciate you getting them for me too .. im working on getting the cash back to you as we speak .... might take me a day or so .... prob by next Friday you will have it.. if not sooner...... ill be going to the bank tomorrow to get a small loan to get them .. IF i can get a big enuff loan then ill be getting them new heads you got too !!! that will make a hell of a combination on my engine and give me all the power that i need for now.
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Just A Last Note.. I Guess ..... LMAO

Post by Grumpy »

yeah .... now if i can just get them delivered here instead of to you ........... lol........ just let me know what the shipping will be and ill send that to you too since the guy messed up and sent them to the wrong addy .....lol

plus find out how much it will cost to ship them heads too and ill get ya the shipping and the 1st payment to ya ASAP .. might be the 1st to the 5th of next month if thats ok with you as my check dont come in on a regular schedule ...... it depends on what day the 3rd falls on so it can be anywhere from the 1st to the 5th of the month ........ but MOST of the time it does come in on the 3rd.. or close to it.... and btw THANKS fro working with me on them......... now i got to find them ARP studs that you were talking about ...... stock size for the block and 1/2 inch for the head hole size.. if you got them add them too and ill pay ya for them too..... if not then i guess ill need to call ARP and get a # and then call my parts supplier ........... Summit or Bill Miller since they are the closest to me here ......... 46 miles one way.. lol but its only a hurdle and i can jump that one cuz its a small one..lol :lol: :twisted:

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
usmcrp1044

Re: PLEASE DELETE THIS POST

Post by usmcrp1044 »

I'm guessing your talking about putting 351 style cylinder heads on a 302? The 351 has half inch holes compared to the 302 which uses 7/16" bolts. The outside on a 302 is 3/8" but I can not say for sure about the size of the 351.

Anyway, I looked quick on summit. Your looking for studs with special washers to make up for the difference in size.
You might want to talk to them first before you confirm. This says 7/16" thread but says 289/302 w/ 351 heads.

Link:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-254-4405/

and here are the bolts that do the same thing
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-154-3605/

Good luck