flip hood hinges

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

rojam18801
SM: No

flip hood hinges

Post by rojam18801 »

driver side hinge. the pin is 3.5 inch above frame. this lets the grill clear the bumper when hood is open
driver side from back side.
driver side again the up right bar, a 1x1 inch square tube used to hold the radiator and the stop chain for hood
passenge side hinge from front. this side has a nut on pin to keep hood. remove this nut and hood slides to the side and comes off. it takes two people to do this. it's not heavy but hard to get hold of.

the back side of the front fenders have to be cut so the hood can tilt without scratching the doors. you can see where they are split from other pic's of my truck. anymore question's. i'll be here....the old trucker
v8ranger

Re: flip hood hinges

Post by v8ranger »

Man I'll bet that was a nightmare to install. Cool when it done, just a pain in the back side to get there. But what project isnt a pain lol.....
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
rojam18801

Re: flip hood hinges

Post by rojam18801 »

more info and better pictures. type in "usbodysource" . thier ranger one piece front end is now on sale for $1699.00. it is the one i used. complete instruction are there. they also have a complete 1940 ford pickup body that fit's a ranger frame, it's cool. but more money then i have....the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost