stainless steel hoses

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

blk94xlt
SM: No

stainless steel hoses

Post by blk94xlt »

where can I get a stainless steel hose with -4 AN fittings on it. I need something to go from the clutch slave to the trans. The only hoses I can find on the net are at summit and they are for installing gauges in the dash. I'm not sure about the exact length that I'll need but I'll know soon and I'm looking for a place to get it.
'94 ranger 4X2 X-cab was 4.0L 5speed, now 5.0L & T5 almost done
'04 mustang GT bone stock except the tunes

http://members.cox.net/ranger5.0/
-
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

If you don't find anything on the net try a local hydraulic shop. They make up just about any custom hose / fitting combination you want and I've found their prices are usually very good too. Much cheaper than purchasing the AN fittings and steel braided hose from Summit.

Malcolm
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'm planning on taking my 90° oil filter adapter and filter mount to the hydraulic shop here local for them to make me some custom rubber braided hoses. The connections are different sizes between the adapter and the filter mount so to get a hose without thread reducers, I'll just have them fab me a hose to fit. That'll be coming up in the not-so-distant future.

I didn't even think about that they could also fab me a hydraulic clutch line...that is if I can ever get my hands on those special fittings to fit in the clutch master & slave.

Malcolm, what's the status of getting a local machine shop to produce those?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

For anybody interested, here's a CAD drawing of the fitting:

For an AutoCad *.dwg drawing, click here:

http://students.kennesaw.edu/~cgrey/For ... itting.dwg

I'll also post this in the thread where clutch slaves are discussed.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

cgrey8 wrote:Malcolm, what's the status of getting a local machine shop to produce those?
No status yet. This is something I'll look into later. I have to much going on right now but once things slow down I'll start checking around.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8