Memorial Day

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Hardhead
SM: No

Memorial Day

Post by Hardhead »

I just want to say thank you too all of the Military currently serving and all of the Veterans that have served, if it weren't for you I doubt that this forum and other things we take for granted would not be here for us.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
1989 2 wheel drive short box 5.0 non HO
87sc302

Re: Memorial Day

Post by 87sc302 »

We take so much for granted.
Thanks to all our current and past Military.
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Yep, thanks to all you Vet's and to those of you who lost a loved one serving. A couple of us went over to the big Vet's home last week-end for a free car show. No awards, just us car people showing off what we had for the Vets. All years were covered very well, think the Model "A"'s had the most and really reastored unit there. About noon, 200 Harley riders showed up to add their support. Really breaks your heart to see some the the men/women being pushed around just to enjoy all the cars. Sure hope it brightened their life for a little bit.
Enjoy what you have while you can!
Similar subject came up on either TRS or RPS about thanking the Vets. Some war protested came on and started calling all the ones fighting for our rights and fredoms killers and such - baned till after the Holiday.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'd be inclined to ban them permanently...but that's just me.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Chris,
The group this guy came from is a group that shows up at a lot of funerals for Vets with big war protest signs, been on the national news quite a bit. That's really pushing the limits, no mater what the faith, color of skin or what every, these people protest the war and bring it right to the funeral. Going way to far for the freedom of speach.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

It seems like such a paradox. They protest the very people that make it possible for them to protest in this country. Besides, it's not the military that is to blame for the missions they execute. It's the people commanding them.

If they hate America so much, I'd be happy for them to leave. Delta's got flights leaving everyday. If they are afraid of flying, I'm sure they could cross to Mexico without too much trouble and "make a difference" over there.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

I went into the service ('67") long before it got so nice in the baracks. Was no individual rooms or privite showers or bathrooms. Basic training sure was an eye opener for a lot of guys. Go into the bathroom, 20 crappers in a row, two guys sitting on their spots, playing chess, balancing the board on their knees. Had a guy from Yale and another one from the bad side of Chicago, draft board really didn't care. When you're sharing a spot/fox hole, really doesn't matter too much where the hell or who the the is that is with you. Just thanks for remembering those that gave it their all!
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
plowboy34

Post by plowboy34 »

Cgrey I agree with you. How do these clowns think they got the right to protest. It took WAR to get that. The stupidity of some people just boggles my mind. I can remember picking my Uncle up coming back from Viet Nam and people spitting on him, I was just a little kid but I remember it like it was yesterday. You may not agree with the reasons but as you said that is the people who are in control, not the soldier. I better stop now, I feel the blood pressure rising and the anger building. This could turn into a three page rant that just isn't needed.

Thanks to all who have served and those serving now, I am very thankful for you and will never forget.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

i served, thanks to all you guys....the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost