03/04 Cobra wheels on my ranger

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

2lo-rngr
SM: No

03/04 Cobra wheels on my ranger

Post by 2lo-rngr »

Here's a few pics of my ranger with the cobra wheels on it. It's under construction right now bigtime, but I wanted to slap these on a take a pic for malcolm and adam while I was out there... so here they are if you don't catch it in the thread... I LOVE what these wheels do for the truck... when it was still together and driving, i got tons of stares, compliments, and even offers... lol
It's needs to finish being shaved, then it'll be painted burnished copper poly, if you look at the bed corner you can see the color, though it does it no justice. I'm also thinking of adding some gold pearl to it for an "effect."
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
90 2-lo ranger x-cab xlt.. 347 swap coming soon... and paint... and airbags... etc.
92 F150 I-6 8" lift with 35's
90 Mustang LX: in the chop shop... soon to be a new color with new motivation: Dart 363 with forced induction... 750ish+ rwhp. gotta keep with the times...
87 Mustang... DSS super pro bullet 306, Crower rods, Max quench pistons,Comp cam, stage III ported Holley/Brodix heads, TKO600, Vortech'd, pullied, etc.... 572rwhp... though it's day's are numbered....
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: 03/04 Cobra wheels on my ranger

Post by MalcolmV8 »

That's awesome dude. I'm in the process of looking for a second set of rims myself. I changed out my 17x9 for 17x10.5 replicas that look like the real thing. I want a second set to powder coat black to change up the look of the Cobra for this summer.

Did you only change the rims on one side of the truck for the pic? :)
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
2lo-rngr

Post by 2lo-rngr »

MalcolmV8 wrote: Did you only change the rims on one side of the truck for the pic? :)
Yeah... did you see the spokes on the LR wheel and think WTF? somethings not adding up here? lol. Yeah these are authentic cobra's, they were on my fox for awhile, then I went to black bullitt DD 17x9/17x10.5 which I put the svt center caps in, then sold those to my buddy and now have the Replica 03/04 cobra deep dish black chrome wheels, also in 17x9/17x10.5.
What are you looking for wheelwise? you know what opinions are like, but mine is this: with yellow, I think an "anthracite" wheel would look good, offsetting the color. Have you seen the deep dish tenth anniversary replica's? those might look good on your car?
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
90 2-lo ranger x-cab xlt.. 347 swap coming soon... and paint... and airbags... etc.
90 Mustang LX: in the chop shop... soon to be a new color with new motivation: Dart 363 with forced induction... 750ish+ rwhp. gotta keep with the times...
87 Mustang... DSS super pro bullet 306, Crower rods, Max quench pistons,Comp cam, stage III ported Holley/Brodix heads, TKO600, Vortech'd, pullied, etc.... 572rwhp... though it's day's are numbered....
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I have seen the 03 Cobra rims with a deep dish. Both stock and 10th anniversary. In fact that's all I can find on ebay right now in 17x10.5 but I'm wanting the ones that look exactly like stock. I'm also running a combo 17x9/17x10.5 (front/rear). I had bought the 10.5 pair off ebay and my original rear 17x9s are sitting in my shed. So my plan was to find a second pair of 10.5 rims and then I'd have a whole second set of rims.

I'm wanting to powder coat them black to contrast with the yellow. I also want to tint the windows and put black letters in the rear bumper where it has COBRA embossed. I think some black tinted headlights and tail lights too. It'll make it feel like I have a new car :) lol. I'm also changing from full 4 cats to 2 high flow cats and I think I'm gonna get an X pipe this time instead of an H. Once again just changing things up. Oh yeah ditching the 2 chamber flowmasters for something else too. Haven't decided what yet but I'm thinking the bassani sounds very different. Oh and lowering springs too :) or if I'm out of cash maybe just cut a half coil out mine till I can buy a real lowering set. You probably have a visual of what I'm going for on the car. After 6 years of the same car it'll seem like something new. Not to mention waiting on the machine shop and putting my engine back together is driving me nuts now. I'm starting to itch lol can't wait to drive it again and if my blue truck sells Kenne Bell here I come. I called Kenne Bell and chatted to them the other day about my setup and they said with their 2.8L blowzilla or what ever it was called I should be at 700 rwhp on pump gas at 18lbs. Can't wait :) I think I'm drooling already haha.

Yes I noticed the rims on the other side of your truck lol. Figured you just swapped one side for the pic.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

2003EDGE

Post by 2003EDGE »

Looks really good!

I am looking for a set of those to powdercoat black for mine.
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

man rims look good cant wait to see her painted should meet up in the spring
widetireranger

Post by widetireranger »

Man, those Cobra rims look awesome!
I haven't settled in on exactly what wheels I want but seeing those on your truck makes me want some on mine!!
What size tires are those on the back btw?

Shane
Shane

'85 Ranger
302, 4 bbl
T5 with S-10 tailhousing
8.8 w/Arburn locker 3:73
2lo-rngr

Post by 2lo-rngr »

widetireranger wrote:Man, those Cobra rims look awesome!
I haven't settled in on exactly what wheels I want but seeing those on your truck makes me want some on mine!!
What size tires are those on the back btw? Shane
Thanks for the compliments guys! it's been a work in progress, hopefully soon it'll payoff and be looking good. The rear tires are 275/40-17's. I originally wanted the 18" Y2k cobras for this, but I had these on my mustang and thought i'd give them a whirl. Now I can't imagine it with anything else. I love the way they make the truck look.
Malcolm, I say cut half a coil if it'll help you get everything else done, especially the KB. lol. 700whp huh? that'll be a big kick in the nuts... start ordering some slicks for it. Shoot, with mid 500whp in mine i could still spin the M/T's into 4th when they were cold. lol. fun times... I need to put that together here too...
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Those look great on there. First time I have seen those wheels on a older Ranger. I like it.
1988 5.0 Ranger
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Turns out the 10.5" wide version of those 03 Cobra rims have become very hard to come by. I found a used pair for $400. Owch. Still looking. The company that was importing them, AFS, is apparently having some issues getting them lately.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

88ranger306

Post by 88ranger306 »

I was just thinking about the fr500 wheels, they would probably look real nice.
if it has wheels or tits it will give you trouble.
Steeda04SVT

Post by Steeda04SVT »

Looks good
USAF AC-130H Crew Chief
2004 Cobra - Daily Driver
19XX Ranger - In search of as a Daily Driver