Virus Warnning all !!!!!

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

v8ranger
SM: No

Virus Warnning all !!!!!

Post by v8ranger »

Hello all, Just an FYI. For anyone that opened those wonderful spam postings, make sure you check your virus software, and that its up to date and is runing. I think I got a virus from one, im not positive, im just guessing at this point. My virus scan wont update or run right. I cant even run a virus scan from Nortans web sight. So im thinking I got a virus from the spam postings in here. So BEWARE!!! dont even open them to see what they are. So EVERYONE, check your computers. I am thinking that is where I got them from, I dont know how because I didnt go into them, I guess that what I get for having an old computer with no firewall or up to date virus software. So my main computer is at the shop :x I would have rather spent my money on my truck and not on my puter............ :x
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: Virus Warnning all !!!!!

Post by MalcolmV8 »

As far as I can tell all those posts were virus free and unless you downloaded something after following one of their links that's not where you got it.

As for virus software try this

http://free.avg.com/

It's free for personal non commercial use and in the testing we did at my last company a lot better than mcafee or norton. Better as in no bloat and a lot less load on your PC and no noticeable slow down as well as more frequent updates to new viruses. AVG was pretty consistent in receiving the latest virus signatures prior to the other brands.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8