Clear Euro style headlights for 89-92 Rangers

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Clear Euro style headlights for 89-92 Rangers

Post by cgrey8 »

I just bought some Euro style headlights. I replaced the stock amber blinkers and side markers with clear, but not see-thru units a back about a year ago. They looked just like the stock ones only made of clear plastic. These are similar, but nicer because the plastic is actually see-thru, not just made of clear, undyed plastic.

Check them out:

I've had 9004 blue bulbs installed in my headlights for a long time and they were noticeable when turned ON. But the headlight plastic was getting badly clouded due to age. I tried "cleaning" them using that special stuff that cleans the cloud out of plastic headlights, but it only did so much. So I decided to replace them with new units. Since I was replacing them, I decided I'd replace them with the euro style clear units like these and I'm glad I did. They were only $120 with shipping including see-thru blinkers and see-thru side markers. With the blue bulbs in these units, you can see the dark blue bulb reflecting across the backside of the housing to make a VERY unusual effect. I'll see if I can get some pics of them installed if anybody is interested.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
2lo-rngr

Re: Clear Euro style headlights for 89-92 Rangers

Post by 2lo-rngr »

+1 for installed pics...
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
90 2-lo ranger x-cab xlt.. 347 swap coming soon... and paint... and airbags... etc.
92 F150 I-6 8" lift with 35's
90 Mustang LX: in the chop shop... soon to be a new color with new motivation: Dart 363 with forced induction... 750ish+ rwhp. gotta keep with the times...
87 Mustang... DSS super pro bullet 306, Crower rods, Max quench pistons,Comp cam, stage III ported Holley/Brodix heads, TKO600, Vortech'd, pullied, etc.... 572rwhp... though it's day's are numbered....
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Yeah I'd like to see pics.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'll see if I can get some daytime and night pics. The truck isn't washed, and otherwise isn't anything wonderful to look at (stock rims, stock size tires, old paint job, etc). But I do love the way these upgraded headlights look to not be quite so "generic".
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Here's a daylight pic of the passenger's side:
HeadlightPS.JPG
I'll have to wait for night to get a good pic of them illuminated.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
2lo-rngr

Post by 2lo-rngr »

How about a full frontal shot? I'd like to see the contrast to the truck. Not sure if I like the reflector part, but I believe I DO like the headlight/parking light setup. Wonder what it would look like with a factory clear reflector??? hmm...
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
90 2-lo ranger x-cab xlt.. 347 swap coming soon... and paint... and airbags... etc.
92 F150 I-6 8" lift with 35's
90 Mustang LX: in the chop shop... soon to be a new color with new motivation: Dart 363 with forced induction... 750ish+ rwhp. gotta keep with the times...
87 Mustang... DSS super pro bullet 306, Crower rods, Max quench pistons,Comp cam, stage III ported Holley/Brodix heads, TKO600, Vortech'd, pullied, etc.... 572rwhp... though it's day's are numbered....
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Been busy around here, and last night it was rainy. So hopefully tonight I'll be able to get a good frontal view of the truck with the lights on.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

After multiple attempts to get some pics of the headlights lit, I've given up believing that my camera can capture a headlight when it is shining as well as my eyes see it. This is the best I could do and the pics don't do the headlights justice. I meant to shut the hood before getting the pics. It wasn't until I started viewing the pics that I realized that I left it open...it's been a long day.

But here's what I got:
HeadlightPS_Lit1.JPG
HeadlightPS_Lit3.JPG
This one is with the flash ON:
HeadlightPS_Lit2.JPG
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org