new 671 blower

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

lefty
SM: No

Post by lefty »

Ya I pull into a customers shop today and the first thing that caught my eye was a blue ford ranger with a tilt front end and BIG hood scoop...
as I walk up I see a nice big shinny blower on it and the are bending tubing to run to the radiator in the back ! . so my mind starts working and I ask the guy standing next to it if that was the ranger on the V8-RANGER site and low and behold it was ... Rojam is right that was kinda cool
It is a nice looking ranger lot of work done to it.... should be a blast to drive nice big fat meats under the rear ( to you young guys that means big fat tires ) HA HA ........................

Rojam I will mail out the light lens on friday . good talking to you today Thats what it is all about talking with good people and sharing ideas . Keep up the good work gang ............ Lefty
1984 longbed
30 over 302
edelbrock aluiminum preformer heads
e303 cam
1.6 rockers
600 cfm edelbrock / performer RPM intake
headman headers w/2.5 " duel in duel out magnaflow muffler.
8.8 diff; 3;73 LS
c5 w/b&m trick shift / 2800 stall speed converter
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

malcolmv8........radiator hose size. using the same size as original for small block. 1 3/4 inch at bottom inlet at pump. 1 1/2 inch for upper. i expect it will hold 2 to 3 more gallon's then stock. i've been told blown engine makes a lot more heat. guess i'll find out when i fire this thing up.....the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

lefty.... it was real good to meet you yesterday. thank's for sending that side light, been looking for it for about 6 month's. i won't be here when come's. have to go back to work this sunday. i'm a long haul trucker and moving the broadway show ma-ma-mia from tampa to houston. from there i don't know where. i'll be gone a few week's. but by then all the part's for blower should be in. i can fire it up when i get back. thank's for complimants on window shaker........the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

rojam, good to hear on the coolant pipes. I think you'll be just fine. Yes blown motors do make more heat. Stomp on it from pull off all the way till top end under boost really hard all the way and you'll see it.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

With my stock Explorer engine, I can floor it from stop to ~90MPH and I can see my coolant temp gauge go up. It stays well within the safe limits, but it does spike the temp as compared to cruising. I have to believe a boosted engine would really heat things up. The aluminum heads will exaggerate the coolant temp spike even more since aluminum conducts heat much better than cast iron does. But that's a good thing...that just means the heat is getting transferred to the water more efficiently and thus the heat will get removed from the engine faster which is exactly what you want. As long as you have enough water and enough cooling capacity in the radiator, you'll be able to cycle the water through the engine just as fast as it can heat it.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
rojam18801

pic's.

Post by rojam18801 »

here ya go.

v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

Thats just wrong, old trucker..........lol..........That thing has more rubber on one back tire than I have on my whole truck lol...... Very sweet truck......... And you can drive that on the road? I think you should take that hood scoop off and let that blower look around, no sence in covering up such a beutifull thing like that. :D
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

update.. i got a letter yesterday from summit. they said the distributor was shipped out to me dec 31. i think they know i have to leave tomorrow and just want to bug me. i wonder if ups delivers on saturday. heard nothing from bds on the spacer for bottom pulley yet. i have all the plumbing done and coolant in, no leaks so far. today i'm wiring the rad fan and put oil in front blower cover. then it's done. now have to wait for 2 parts. still can't open up my birthday present, damm. now i want to thank three friends. without them i could not have done this little truck. a man and his two sons. all stock car racers. GARY CONNERS, SHAWN CONNERS, PATRICK CONNERS. i think they like this little truck more then i do. thank you so much. and everyone on v8 ranger site with your answers to my dumb questions. thank you.....the old trucker