Couple new little mods

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Foxracin
SM: No

Couple new little mods

Post by Foxracin »

Got some new little stuff for the Ranger. Nothing big.
New shoes.

New Lokar throttle cable. These are super nice for anybody that hasnt used one. Well worth the 30 bucks.

Got some fittings and some braided line for the clutch.

New Tach.

One for kicks.

Dont mind how dirty it is. Just got done raining here.
1988 5.0 Ranger
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Hey, looks good!
Getting the swap done is one thing, then it's doing all the little tiddy up work to really make it look nice. Think I remember seeing that you are only 18/19. You've done really good. Pat on the back to you.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Ill be 19 next saturday. Thanks for the compiments. Me and my buddy did every single thing except cut the driveshaft down. Had that done for obvious reasons. Next were doing his mustang. We already gutted it. Putting a 393 stroke with afr's and a powerglide. Should be a nasty little ride.
1988 5.0 Ranger
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

good job man yeah I was 19 when I finished my ranger too. Just a question though, did everyone you know give you as much crap about not being able to do it as they did to me? cause I was getting that all the time haha showed them!!
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I was 30 when I did my conversion and my dad and everybody else gave me grief saying I was just wasting money and I was never going to get it to work. I think the thing that made them say that was when I unravelled my wiring harness and started splicing the Ranger connectors to the Mustang harness. The number of wires in a harness was just too overwhelming for any of them to believe I'd ever get to work, well alone driveable in the truck, and looking decent. But I did...and I drive it every day to work with pride. In fact, the wire looming work ended up so nice that most people look into the engine bay and they never mention the harness or even realize that it has been modified. The sad part is the wiring harness was probably THE most difficult and time consuming part of the swap for me and it's the part that gets the least amount of attention. Everybody that stares into the engine bay just focuses on the engine, how tight some of the fitment is, and the "weird" Explorer headers.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org