EFI problems again

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

302project
SM: No

EFI problems again

Post by 302project »

Hey guys I hope you guys help me again like last time.

Well last time I didn't have pulsation on the injectors and someone here told me to check for grounds and that fix that problem until this...

I finish all my harness relocation and i put it nice and neatly on the engine bay and it crank good for like 2 or 3 days then it went dead, since my first a9l computer was burned ( just a resistor) from testing the engine to see if it starts, that was back when i didn't finish the wiring, BUT after i finished everything I reinstalled the first computer and it started the engine just fine for like 2 or 3 days like i said, after that i bought another a9l and it started the engine but then again after a few days it didn't start ever again. Now I know the computer is not burned or damaged because is intermittent problem. BTW It seems that when I disconnect the battery for a day or two, when i connect it back is starts for that moment then when i go to start the next day i won't start. But now i won't start even is I disconnect the battery for a month.

What I don't have is spark and injector pulsation.
What I have troubleshot is the following
Grounds, Power to everything, power to the eec relay, power to the computer. Everything is fine
I have a msd ignition box, coil and distributor and I tested the msd box, coil and distributor and they work just fine
Also I put the fuel pump wiring to a switch since my harness on came with just an a/c clutch relay and I tried to install fuel pump wire from the computer the to the ranger FP relay and that didn't work.

Now I'm wondering if the vehicle speed sensor wiring has something to do with this problem. because i haven't installed and what if you don't install it?

Any Ideas or suggestion will be greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!!!
cjcnomor4

Post by cjcnomor4 »

sounds like a tfi or stator problem. if you have another distributor try that. otherwise if you can swap a tfi give that a shot. its easier that changing the stator.
95 2wd shortbed styleside with a 98 mountaineer 5.0
ported GT-40P heads, E-303 cam, Trick Flow Street Heat intake, 1.7 rollers, 24lb injs,155lph in-tank pump, built AOD, 2800 converter, Torque Monster headers, dropped 3/4 on 98 Cobra wheels. Eternal work in progress.
94 Ranger XLT b. 6/10/94 d.3/28/11 300,842 miles RIP
06 Fusion SEL
11 F150 FX2 SCrew 5.0 Coyote, Custom SCT X3 tune, Roush CAI
302project

Post by 302project »

But I check the current on the output of the msd box where the coil gets power and i don't get nothing but on the mustang harness i get 12v now does that matter? Again i check the msd box and it works

And from what i understand is that you are telling me that the module on the distributor is bad? and how could you test it?

Thanks for your help!