got bored so im postin up some pics of my 94

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

jbaer619
SM: No

got bored so im postin up some pics of my 94

Post by jbaer619 »

just took the transmission crossmember to the shop so the t-5 will mount to it (damn i need a welder). but with it out and the only thing holdin up the transmission is a little bottle jack i got bored... so here you go.

Before i started.

Front suspension.

Out with the 2.3l

In with the 5.0l HO

Re-fab of the P/S, A/C bracket to reposition the P/S

Gutted out the original radiator mounting plate and the mustang radiator fits right in.

Borg-Warner T-5 Waitin for its crossmember.

Floorboard cut-out for the shifter.

And the interior.

Well there you go!
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
cjcnomor4

Post by cjcnomor4 »

how did that 2.3 turn those tires?
95 2wd shortbed styleside with a 98 mountaineer 5.0
ported GT-40P heads, E-303 cam, Trick Flow Street Heat intake, 1.7 rollers, 24lb injs,155lph in-tank pump, built AOD, 2800 converter, Torque Monster headers, dropped 3/4 on 98 Cobra wheels. Eternal work in progress.
94 Ranger XLT b. 6/10/94 d.3/28/11 300,842 miles RIP
06 Fusion SEL
11 F150 FX2 SCrew 5.0 Coyote, Custom SCT X3 tune, Roush CAI
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

it had a manual tranny so double clutchin was needed sometimes but also its geared at 4.56 that helped...... dont get me wrong i was strugglin holdin 70 mph on the freeway and thats just another reason for the 5.0l
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'm a little curious as to what you are having done to the crossmember? I run a T5 and like you, the mounting location for the T5 was forward about 3" from the mounting holes on the crossmember. But I made up the difference with a 6"x6"x1/4" steel plate.

Otherwise, it looks like you are in for one heck of an improvement over what you had with a 2.3L. A buddy of mine has a similarly jacked up S10 4wd. It has a 4.3L so it's a bit stronger than what you were dealing with but he hates having to deal with the full size jacked up trucks always passing him going up hills. He's hoping to drop a SBC350 in there at some point especially after me driving my V8 Ranger to work everyday and talking about it all the time just to rub it in. :twisted: Point is, you are gonna love it when it's done. In fact, you'll drive it for a while, and then you are going to want MORE. And then you'll be back revisiting that motor's internals.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

Im gettin a flat plate welded on that will basically extend to the mount and its getting two angled supports going from the end of the plate back down to the crossmember, ill take pics when i get it back tomorrow.

But o yeah i havent even turned it over yet and im already looking through ebay and race magazines every night to see what i can buy to push out ever last bit of hp i can get, in fact as soon as im done im putting aside a small amount of money every month to save up for a 347 stroker kit
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Why no lift in the rear? is it the stance you want for jumping hills or something? It looks like a baja racer.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

yaeh thats the look im goin for down here we call it a "Baja" or "Calli" lift, but with the low rear end it lowers the center of gravity making it less likely to roll, and also while going over the woops the rear end gets bounced around like crazy and the lower it is to start with the lower it will hop and you wont dig the front end into the ground and go end over end.