Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cee21

Post by cee21 »

That's great news Chris, at least it is something that can be handled a little easier.
87sc302
SM: No

Post by 87sc302 »

Chris we are praying for you.

I realize you may already be gone hospital this morning.

Last nite I had you on our church verbal list.
Larry J.
plowboy34

Post by plowboy34 »

I don't know about the rest of you but the wait is just driving me crazy. Just want to hear a report of how the Lord worked yet another miracle. Just had to write something, still praying till I hear something.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Due to a delay with someone else's surgery in the OR I was scheduled for, I didn't get in until around 10:30, but once I went in. All went very smoothly. The doctor said there were no surprises, no visual sign of spread to other glands or organs, and the tumor appeared to be effectively contained. So there was no reason to do additional removal for a biopsy. They'll run tests on what they did remove (one of my 2 family jewels) and we'll know more next week.

Currently, I'm resting as comfortably as can be expected at home. No pain, just slight discomfort when I have to lift myself to get to the bathroom. I've had other non-surgical procedures, both emergency and non-emergency in the past, and this was the best experience I've ever had at a hospital. They got the IV in and I about fainted (like normal). But once they got the "good stuff" pumping and a mask over my nose, I was out like a light and didn't wake until it was all over. I was home before 3PM.

Thanks to my very loving wife, all my needs are being tended to, and thanks to all for the spiritual and moral support you've expressed. Things are getting better and the news so far has been nothing but positive. Thank you all...
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
cjcnomor4

Post by cjcnomor4 »

I am glad to hear all went well. I may not be as set in my beliefs as some on the boards (and I mean absolutly no offense or critisism to anyone) but even I closed my eyes this morning and hoped someone I dont normally talk to was listening. I'm not the best at getting thoughts out but as the only one here I can put a face too, you shook me this last week. Again, I am glad things are on the better side. A very good friend lost his dad this AM to cancer, and my wifes mom has been in the hospital for the last 2 days with a brain anyerism(sp?) so this has been time for me to reflect and see just how petty my problems are, and where my priorities should be. Get well.
95 2wd shortbed styleside with a 98 mountaineer 5.0
ported GT-40P heads, E-303 cam, Trick Flow Street Heat intake, 1.7 rollers, 24lb injs,155lph in-tank pump, built AOD, 2800 converter, Torque Monster headers, dropped 3/4 on 98 Cobra wheels. Eternal work in progress.
94 Ranger XLT b. 6/10/94 d.3/28/11 300,842 miles RIP
06 Fusion SEL
11 F150 FX2 SCrew 5.0 Coyote, Custom SCT X3 tune, Roush CAI
plowboy34

Post by plowboy34 »

Thanks for the update Chris, really didn't expect anything that soon. So glad to hear things are as good as could be expected. Also glad you have someone who cares to take care of you. Good wifes are hard to come by and I wouldn't trade mine for all the gold in China. Still praying for you that it will all be good.

cjc, he hears you. Don't want to get to much into preaching but he hears you. Just keep talking.

MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Glad to hear it Chris.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
bigburl

Post by bigburl »

Chris, I'm glad that everything went as well as it did. I hope by now that your pain has subsided somewhat and that you are getting around a little better. I am sorry for not wishing you well sooner, I have been out of pocket for a couple of days. God bless you my brother and be ready to answer a lot of questions in the next few weeks. I am about to get on my Ranger in earnest. I'm sure ther will be plenty of the same questions that you all have answered a hundred times before. I am looking forward to the finished product so that I can be one of the answerers instead of one of the askers. Have a great week.
Larry
1990 Ranger ext. cab soon(?) to be 5.0 and T-5
2000 F-150 ext. cab 240,000 miles no guts but it looks good
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'm getting around much better today. Everyday's been an improvement from the last. But amazingly enough even the day of the surgery wasn't terrible. I've cut back on my pain meds just because they are a narcotic and have other side-effects. But I take them as needed...but only as needed and today I haven't needed them nearly as much as I have been.

I'll be here at the house the rest of the week, just sitting by the computer healing and waiting for updates to come in on the forum. So feel free to ask LOTS of questions. I'll have plenty of time to answer them.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
plowboy34

Post by plowboy34 »

Know exactly what you mean about the pain pills Chris. When you have a bad back they are a part of life. You hate taking them cause of the side effects but you can't hardly go if you don't. Like being between a rock and a hard spot. So glad all is going well, must admit I have been a little bit of a cry baby the last few day's. I know we have never actually met but still feel like I know you very well. This has made me think big time. Will continue praying for you, thinking about you quite often. I know this all sounds korny but it is true. Be Cool.

87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

Chris/Plowboy
Know exactly what you mean. Just had large heriation removed on L3 (back surgery) Nov 29. Pain medicine side effects areafter me right now.
Chris I will be around next few weeks watching the forum and learning fromyou guys.
You both are in my prayers.
Larry J
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
bigburl

Post by bigburl »

Larry J, I am glad that you came through your surgery o.k. Last week I asked my men's breakfast prayer group to pray for Chris and for you. I didn't have your name then and they looked at me kind of funny when I asked for them to pray for 87sc302. It gave me an opportunity to tell them about you guys and the amazing things that had been hapening since Thanksgiving. I praise God that even in the middle of working on my old beater, I can hang out with a solid group of Christ followers. I am sorry bro that I have not already checked on you. Please forgive me.
Larry
1990 Ranger ext. cab soon(?) to be 5.0 and T-5
2000 F-150 ext. cab 240,000 miles no guts but it looks good
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

Larry
It is kind of hard to explain this group to anyone, sometimes I don't believe it myself. Thanks for the prayers and keep working on the ranger.
Larry J.
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
87ranger

Post by 87ranger »

hate to jump on the wagon with this, but saturday i sneezed and more than likely herniated my L5 (s1)or L4, ive got no feeling in my left leg (club foot) and ive been on steriods and a mild narcotic wich i'm trying to use as little of as possible, im still working( the mortgage and electric bill wont pay itself) but its kinda hard to woble up and down steps when running cabling and wire in homes and bussinessess when you dont know what your foot is doin, got the mri (with contrast) this morning and hope to hear from my doctor and chiropractor the beginning of next week, let ya know how it goes.
twin turbo v8 menace
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

My incision staples came out today. Doctor reconfirmed that my pathology report looked good and has me setup for a CT scan next week. They don't expect to find anything. So until they do, he said it's a downhill battle for me at this point.

Back issues are far worse than anything I've had to go through. With the exception of coming to terms with having the "c" word, my experience has been quite smooth. Thanks to all for the prayers which I'm sure have played no small part in that reality and have certainly been an emotional support I couldn't have anticipated. That being said, I pass the baton to you, 87ranger.
Last edited by cgrey8 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org