Any GE Service Techs Here

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

plowboy34
SM: No

Any GE Service Techs Here

Post by plowboy34 »

I have a double GE oven, it's about 15yrs old. It keeps beeping(loudly) and flashing F1 in red. Book just says call a certified service center. Hoping someone here is a certified sevice center....lol. Any help greatly appreciated.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

I seem to remember a similar message coming up on an old Magic Chef oven controller, but it was like E3...similar explanation in the book. What fried the board was a mouse that stepped over the hot and neutral at the same time. Evidently, he stepped somewhere else and conducted some current that did damage to the board. He was still stuck to the leads when I took the thing apart. Magic Chef wanted some outlandish amount of money to replace the board. It was just barely more expensive to replace the range with a nice clean unit with no critical electrical controls in it. In the case of a dual-oven, it may be worth it to get replacement electronics.

Interestingly enough, the controller was made by Barber-Coleman, a fairly large name in the controls industry. I never knew they OEMed appliance controllers until then.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org