New T5 and AOD rebuild videos now available

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

New T5 and AOD rebuild videos now available

Post by cgrey8 »

Ken Collins, the guy that made the video on rebuilding the Ford 8.8" RE has 2 new videos out now. One is for rebuilding the Borg Warner/Tremec World Class T5. The other is for rebuilding the AOD. He's got plans for an AODE/4r70w video sometime in the future since they are enough different than the AOD that they can't easily be covered in the AOD video. He's also added footage to the 8.8" rebuild video to include the 9.75" rebuild as well. As popular as those rears are becoming, it wouldn't surprise me that you'll see more and more of these being used in Ranger swaps...particularly big HP swaps.

Just for kicks, I ordered both and they were every bit as detailed and worth the money as the 8.8" RE video was. Even though, I really have no plans of becoming a tranny mechanic, I was curious as to how both of those trannys were built, and these videos explain everything you need to know to get one torn down and rebuilt. I was actually surprised at how easy the T5 is to rebuild. The AOD on the other hand is not a simple rebuilt. It's not brain surgery, but the job does require a fair amount of specialty tools that the average mechanic isn't likely to have laying around.

For anybody interested in doing a T5 or AOD rebuild, I highly recommend these vids as I do the 8.8" RE rebuild video.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I got my T5 rebuild video from these guys when I rebuilt mine
http://www.hanlonmotorsports.com/
$16.95 and excellent. At the time they only had a vhs cassette but I was told they were working on a DVD version which is hopefully available now.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

I guess it would've helped to include a link to the videos...duh!
Here it is:
BADShoe Productions

So $17 huh? That's not bad at all. I think Ken's vids are $35 but that does include s/h.

I think the #1 thing I learned about the AOD vid was not to buy parts for the tranny until AFTER you've gotten it torn apart. With so many different combinations of possible parts in the same year trannys, you really have no clue what you need until you are in there. Chances of you buying a kit to rebuild an AOD and it having all the parts you need are slim.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org