injectors

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

gorgo
SM: No

injectors

Post by gorgo »

what year did ford go to the newer style injectors. i know my 98 explover 5.0 has the newer ones with the same plug.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'm sure there's some overlap from vehicle to vehicle. But I believe the target year that vehicles started transitioning from EV1 to EV6 generation injectors was 96. The 94-95 Mustangs still ran EV1. However the Explorers I believe all have EV6 style injectors. However from 96-98, the injectors had EV1 connectors on them which just made things terribly confusing. In 99 the Explorers started using 17lb (white/ivory) injectors that have the std EV6 connector.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
broncobowsher

Post by broncobowsher »

The '98 donor I used also had the white top 17's
The '96 in a friends was mustang interchangable orange top 19's
The '97 (early/late) are not known to me.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Were the 96 Explorer injectors thin injectors or the FAT injectors? My 97 Explorer has 19lb orange injectors that are skinny EV6 style, but do have the Mustang EV1 style connector. So technically, they could be installed in a Mustang, but there does seem to be a difference in the way they behave compared to 19lb EV1s.

Read over the thread we have going on Explorer Motors and make sure we got the info there correct with regard to the injectors. If I need to modify something in one of my posts, I can do that.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org