OK here's a new board.

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

OK here's a new board.

Post by MalcolmV8 »

All we need now is a nice graphic to replace that phpbb one in the top left corner.

What do you guys think?

Malcolm
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I don't know about nice but I got the default graphic replaced. Also fixed the server time. It was over 4 hours fast.

Later
Malcolm
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

blk94xlt
SM: No

Post by blk94xlt »

The new board looks nice Malcolm. I'm sure it won't take long for it to fill up with posts like the other board did when you changed it last.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

For those who want to check the old board for replies before I made the change you can still view it here

http://www.v8-ranger.com/v8.html

Then just continue the replies over here.

Thanks
Malcolm
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

plowboy34

new forum

Post by plowboy34 »

Hey Malcolm, I like this new forum. It actually let's me post now....LOL. I really appreciate what you do here. It was and still is a great help to me. ROCK ON!!!!!
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Yeah I felt bad for you and the one or two others who could never post on the old board. I never could figure it out so I decided to ditch it sooner than later.

Overall I think this board is going to be much nicer.

Malcolm
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

VipeR

Thanks Malcolm...

Post by VipeR »

For all you do with the message boards, and for the help with the confirmation issue. Happy Holidays!!
MercuRanger

Post by MercuRanger »

Nice job, Malcolm! Now that you've got a "modern" forum here, membership will grow - and the "children" will start migrating. Prepare to "moderate" :)

Is there a "Fast Reply" option? I didn't see one, but maybe I missed it.

Again, looks great.

Mike
'83 Ranger Reg Cab 5.0 4x4 (Neverending project)
'99 Grand Am (Daily transportation)
'95 Lumina Van (Wife's car)
'51 Chevy Styleline Deluxe (future project)
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

MercuRanger wrote: Is there a "Fast Reply" option? I didn't see one, but maybe I missed it.
I don't see one right off hand. I'll look around in the options and see what I find.

Thanks
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

stranger

Post by stranger »

Thanks,for all your hard work.
2000 trailhead,400 hp 5.0.still want more,blown,motor,410 going together now.
Dave
Supporting Member

New Site

Post by Dave »

Malcolm,
Looks great, finially can get on. You have done good. Like to see where we are all from and the addition of the for sale/swap is nice. What Mike said about all the "Children" coming to vist is probably going to be a real problem. That's the one good thing about your site, even people wanting to do a 350 Cheby swap got treated with respect. I must add my thanks for all you have done! Great helpful place.
Dave (in Wisconsin)
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Re: New Site

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Dave wrote:That's the one good thing about your site, even people wanting to do a 350 Cheby swap got treated with respect.
Yes. I'm a fan of all American muscle. I have my favorites but in the end we all want the same thing. More Power.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Dave,

I know what you mean, I went to one site that was recommended for Ranger swaps and for your 1st 30 posts, you get a suffix that says something to the effect of "I like S10's" or something like that. I guess that's supposed to be an insult or create rivalry between the S10 and Ranger swappers? I didn't really get that, but whatever...

My automotive background started with the SBC '68 Camaro with a 327. I learned a lot helping my buddy build that car up back 10 years ago.

Today, I own 2 Rangers. They've been really good trucks, but one's getting old & high mileage and I know it's days are numbered. I don't want to trash it so I've decided to do this swap. It's been my dream to put a V8 in my Ranger back when I was working on that '68 Camaro, but back then, the Internet wasn't near what it is today. I didn't have the time, tools, or patience to take on a job like this. This Summer ('05), I hope I don’t discover that I still don’t.

Point is, it's sites like this one that have helped me to research and prepare for what I'm going to have to face when it comes time to quit talking and get greasy. I can clearly see from Malcolm's experiences, a Ranger V8 swap isn't always easy or straightforward. I'm sure the Bowtie swappers have their own issues as well, so I have no less respect for someone swapping a SBC 350 to an S10. It just annoys me that building a 302 tends to cost more than building a 350.

However, I have even more respect for those that have done the work, taken the time to document & photograph it, and posted it for others to learn from as Malcolm has done so very well with this site. Great Job…

Chris
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MercuRanger

Post by MercuRanger »

cgrey8 wrote:I know what you mean, I went to one site that was recommended for Ranger swaps and for your 1st 30 posts, you get a suffix that says something to the effect of "I like S10's" or something like that.
You're speaking of RPS, I assume. I've recently started visiting RPS, and am not sure what to make of it. Lots of guys there who definitely know their stuff, but their attitudes seem odd. They're Ban-Happy, too, I hear. The V8 board at the old fordranger.com was OK, but once they revamped that board, it went to crap. Now FR.com is gone, and I'm not sure anyone misses it, unfortunately.

Malcolm's forum has always been my favorite - no BS, friendly guys who know what they're doing, and an absence of childishness (if you've ever visited FR.com, you know what I mean). Consistent, fair moderation is key, along with good users.

Mike
'83 Ranger Reg Cab 5.0 4x4 (Neverending project)
'99 Grand Am (Daily transportation)
'95 Lumina Van (Wife's car)
'51 Chevy Styleline Deluxe (future project)