Made it passed Emissions

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Blk87
SM: No

Made it passed Emissions

Post by Blk87 »

HC limit was 160, I had a 71 CO limit was 2.59 I had a 0.04 Nox ppm limit was 6440 I had a 339. when they ran It they did'nt know If they should use the vin and run it as a 6 or a 8cyl so I told him to run it as a 8 and see what happens. I got my you passed letter and that was that pretty painless.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

That's cool. Did you ask what the limits were for the 6 cylinder incase they decided to run it against vin? Just curious how the results would have come out.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Blk87

Post by Blk87 »

No I didn't He told me that the 8 would run cleaner then the 2.9 I did'nt press the issue. But now that I look at the numbers I might be a little on the Lean side what do you think thanks.
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Checked the member listing and don't see from what part of the country you had to meet these limits? Glad you did.
Dave
Blk87

Post by Blk87 »

sorry dave Connecticut
Injected 5.0

passed final exame

Post by Injected 5.0 »

Now that you have your cert. you can fatten it up and enjoy the ride! I'm suprized that they would even run it being modifyied with a V8, We used to have emmission testing here in Detroit. It didn't go over to well I guess we have to many hoopties on the road. It's kind of funny how most of the big cities don't have testing. I have customer a California who passed the running section of the CARB test. But failed the visual part. It's ok because his 1959 GMC truck doesn't need to be tested. He just did it to see how good it was running. It does have the orginal straight 6 engine with aftermarket fuel injection on it. I guess the inspector said these trucks didn't have fuel injection back in 59 you fail!

mike