Ranger Drag Trucks

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

bigpullerman
SM: No

Re: Ranger Drag Trucks

Post by bigpullerman »

Got a new best. 7.35 with a 1.50 60ft. Also it is pulling the wheels off the ground about 6 inches. Pretty proud of my little Ranger.
Just looking for a win light in my lane.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Is there anything specific you've done to the truck to attain that new best?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
bigpullerman

Post by bigpullerman »

Better air, better hooking track and I had put a Boss hood scoop in it, don't know if it helped or not. I would post a picture but I can't seem to figure out how to.
Just looking for a win light in my lane.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Last time I tried to post something, the forum server's "quota" for user-uploaded attachments had been met and it was denying me. That's something only Malcolm could solve.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
faststang90

Post by faststang90 »

got it into the mid 11s. I still think it would go high 10s if the stall was right
11.53 pass.jpg
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Very nice. What would you estimate the power at?

It's amazing to me how stating HP never tells the whole story. Take the modern day full size trucks with their modern day 350-400hp engines, lighter bodies, and 8-10 gear transmissions. Even with the help of 4wd, I don't see any of them going 11.5 in the quarter. I believe most of them, in stock form, don't break 14 seconds in the quarter. If they want to see 11s, it requires aftermarket help. I think even the 2019 Raptor, in stock form, only gets into the low 13s doesn't it?
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org