Just a FYI - Torque Monster headers

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Just a FYI - Torque Monster headers

Post by Dave »

Bob called me today cause I had asked about delivery of stock headers. My last set of special took over three months, he had a couple of special order come in and it was in the dead of Winter here so I told him "Just when ever". He has two in stock now for the early 5.0 Explorer/Rangers. They fit both the -40 and -40P heads but have no provison for EGR, have the small standard collectors and are for the torson bar suspension. They will clear the frame and the larger 164 tooth bellhousing. All his headers come with the 1 1/2" primary tubes and are cerarmic coated inside and out. Kit comes with a 15 min installation video, header bolts, loctite and the bolts to connect at the collector to your exhaust system. Price to your door is $624.
Options are your choice of heads, suspension type, year of chassis, EGR tube (even extended if you want to use a 1" intake spacer) and a larger collector. Last set of the special ordered ones ran $780 to the door. Bob is really fun to talk with, think he enjoys this hobby of his. Said he was a Marine in a helicopter way back when. The welding and overall quality it top notch.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
95sanger

Re: Just a FYI - Torque Monster headers

Post by 95sanger »

Well folks Torque Monster 5.0 California smog legal lconversion headers are still available, (that's the good news). Bad news is they are somewhat pricey.

Google "Al's Headers" and give them a call. I had mine within two weeks of initial contact.

I am stoked!