wtb wiring harness

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Toomanycars

wtb wiring harness

Post by Toomanycars »

I noticed that the hugo/transmission portion of the harness i have is missing . so is there a kind soul on here that would be willing to donate this chunk of harness to keep my project in a forward moving direction.. or I spose i could pay some one for it too
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: wtb wiring harness

Post by cgrey8 »

There's not a lot on that harness. Power, sensor common, the two HEGO sensor feedback lines, neutral/drive switch, and maybe VSS although VSS may be from the main harness (can't remember). The oil pan low oil sensor may also be in that harness. Anyway if you can't find one here or on eBay, you can usually go to the junk yards, clip the connectors you need, and make the harness you need. It's a relatively short harness with only a few wires. A spool of high quality automotive grade wire, soldering iron/gun, solder, and a little time figuring out what goes where, and you've got yourself a usable harness. The pinouts for what you need almost guaranteed are on the Internet. Just google-search and go to the images of your search. You'll narrow down on what you need pretty fast.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

i do have a u-pull-it salvage yard right down the road but theres not much in there for the older 5.0 cars.. althow there is a couple of 5.0 explorers out there.. i guess ill be making a trip to the yard tomarrow.
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

still looking