Wiring help ?????

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Teddyzee
SM: No

Re: Wiring help ?????

Post by Teddyzee »

See if you can read this. Dark writing on left refers to the Ranger 42 pin harness connector pin, then you see colour, then a reference to the pin number from the Mustang 60 pin ECU connection. You want to verify the Mustang circuit with a mulitmeter if you are unsure.
Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I only wrote it for me to read.
If anyone wants to create a chart out of this, it may be a good tool to pass around.

You may be able to read some of this... It's both sides of the 42pin, so if you can't read one side, try page two...

You'll notice some thing that may not apply- I used the DataLink circuits (to under dash OBDII port) as a convenient way to run my gauge wiring.
'97 Ranger Supercab.
Dropped 5/8
18X9,18X10 Bullitts 275/40 front and 295/35/18 rear
5.0 H.O. T5, 1.7rr, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm tb, 1 piece driveshaft, 3.55 Traction Lok, dual 2.5" Flowmasters, Cobra discs front and rear
Explorer power buckets and console
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Teddy..... yea.... those will help also.... i got the pinout and all that for the Mustang GT A9L ECU and harness ... i got a EVTM manual for it and it shows all that stuff... its integrating it all into the 96 Ranger harness is where im goin to have MOST of my probs ... and this will help me out some too....... IF i can READ it...... hahaha .... you write like a Dr filling out a script !!!!

ill prob have to redo (rewrite) it so i can read it... if i do that.... il prob inbox it back to ya to see if i wrote it back down correctly ..lol

and if you got ANYTHING else ya think i might need . feel free to post it up or inbox it to me ... or upload it to the web somewhere and post me up a URL ..... i need ALL the wiring diagrams and stuff i can find!! ....

Thanks for these and for any more in the future ....... :D :D :D :D
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

:idea: i know this is a LONG shot ...... but....... does ANYONE here have a schematic and a parts list of the Tweecer or Moats Quarter Horse ???? .. if i can get a parts list and stuff... i can build my own ... i can get the SW somewhere else .. unless one of yall wants/can/will share it also ???? ........ lol........... but for now... im looking for the schematic and parts list and board trace locations and all that ...... :mrgreen:
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

That kind of thinking might save you some money on certain types of components, but I would highly recommend you not attempt this on something as complicated as a TwEECer or QH.

First of all, these devices are used to emulate memory on the EEC processor's ultra high speed memory bus. While the speed of the bus isn't that high speed by today's standards, the timing response requirements are quite strict thus requiring some rather unique hardware solutions to emulate the EEC's memory without causing issues. Because of these strict timing requirements, long lengths of wire that would be indicative of a bread-board type organization of these components would likely have too much vulnerability to noise as well as too much capacitance to meet the timing requirements.

If that weren't enough, both of these products are CPLD based, not processor based. CPLDs are programmable hardware devices that the developer programs using a Hardware Description Language. The two most common are VHDL and Veralog. Point is, even with the raw components wired together properly, you don't have the program code required to make these behave as they should nor the licensed software necessary to program them. Xilinx is the brand of CPLD both of these products use.

In the case of the Quarterhorse, you'll be FAR FAR better off buying the quarterhorse. It's not that expensive as high performance hardware is concerned...and neither is the software that uses it. If you have an open sourced EEC that is supported by an open/free software like TunerPro, then about all you need is the quarterhorse. However if many of the newer EECs are not supported in the "freebie" world and require licensing. For them, you'll need BinaryEditor and possibly a licensed definition file. The combination of those can run you more than the Quarterhorse cost...it's enough to drive some people to a TwEECer. But I would not recommend that. The TwEECer's software CalEdit/Calcon is not well supported and can't even be run on Win7. Anybody using that software has to downgrade to WinXP. Some people have gotten it to work in Win7, but I don't know of anybody that has gotten it to limp under Win8. BE, on the other hand, is well supported on all popular platforms that support the .NET framework.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org