Wiring help ?????

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Grumpy
SM: No

Wiring help ?????

Post by Grumpy »

im in DIRE need of a wire diagram for a 96 Ext cab that had a 3.0 5 speed....... so i can print it all out and do the wiring when i get to it ............ i also got a 90 EVTM manual im not needing anymore if anyone wants it ........ just let me know ...........
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Re: Wiring help ?????

Post by cgrey8 »

I bought wiring diagrams from HelmInc back when I needed to do work on my Ranger. Dave sent me some wiring diagrams for 89 Mustangs, but it wasn't quite as helpful since the colors of whatever harness I had didn't match the colors in those wiring diagrams. But the 89 Ranger wiring diagrams were dead-on for every wire I needed to identify by color, location, connector, and position on the connector.

I didn't find any of the EVTMs that useful at all. The information was so generic with so little specific information that there were just this side of useless. But the big fold-out wiring diagrams were worth every penny...and I vaguely recall them being a little pricey.

Looking on Helminc.com, I'm no longer seeing wiring diagrams there amongst the things that are available. That being said, I don't know where these documents are found now. I have to believe there's a repository somewhere that still sells these.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Dave sent me the wire diagrams for the 90 ranger and the 90 Mustang..... they were spot on ...... but they are all diff on the 96 ...... so im stuck with that till i can find someone that will share a copy of the 96 3.0 5 speed ones with me .... i can figure it out.... but testing each wire and crap will take a LONG time and at least 2 ppl.......... im doing this alone..... so i cant be in 2 or 3 places at once......lol

ill just wait and/or post on RPS and see if i can get someone can to share a copy with me ............. (fingers crossed)

im kinda hoping Teddy will see this and help me out a bit....... since his is almost the same exact truck i got ....

Thanks for the info ........ greatly needed and appreciated

btw ., i got a 90 that im goin to be junking out SOON........... if ya need any parts let me know.... ill make y aa deal on them to get them out of the yard to shut the wife up !!! .................. :lol:
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Hey good morning! Closest I can come up with is from a great site that has a lot of wiring diagrams and other info. Kind of easier to read than the Helms but missing the intermediate connectors. I have the Explorer and Rangers from 97-2000 but other than the '89' Ranger and '93' Mustang, that's it.
Dave
http://arrc.ebscohost.com/searches?car_ ... e_controls
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

well i got an EVTM manual for a 90 Ranger if anyone is interested i it ............. ... its totally diff then the 96 i have so i cant use it ....lol

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Dave....... that URL needs a Un and PW to get in it ..... lmao

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Grumpy wrote:Dave....... that URL needs a Un and PW to get in it ..... lmao
Funny, I had no trouble getting in.
Dave
Give me a call, haven't been able to reach you.
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Teddyzee

Post by Teddyzee »

What do you need? The 42pin connector info?
I can get that for you.

Just bought a house/reno/moving/travel, so its not something i can do right away, but I believe most of my stuff in on this laptop.
If you could read my writing I could give you my notes, lol...

Give me a few days, happy to help!

T
'97 Ranger Supercab.
Dropped 5/8
18X9,18X10 Bullitts 275/40 front and 295/35/18 rear
5.0 H.O. T5, 1.7rr, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm tb, 1 piece driveshaft, 3.55 Traction Lok, dual 2.5" Flowmasters, Cobra discs front and rear
Explorer power buckets and console
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Teddy,

yea... just let me know when ya get time and ill get the PCM;'s pin numbers......... im using an A9L out of my 90 Mustang GT but need the pin out for the 96 Ranger so i can see what wire/pin goes to what so i can get the wiring done with minimal screwups and stuff... lol

Thanks alot....

Dave.... i go them diagrams you sent me .. Thanks... they will help me some also ......

Thanks again .............

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Chris

Post by Chris »

I've got a DVD of Ford EVTMs from '92-'96. If you still need something or cant find something, just let me know. I may be able to help.
1990 Ranger 302- E303 cam, Comp Gold RR, GT40 Intake, MSD 6AL, Hooker SuperComp long tubes; 4R70W- shift kit, other internal mods; 8.8" 3.73 Posi-Trac, 31 spline axles.

Early production 1965 Coupe- June 16, 1964, Guardsman Blue, D code 289 4V, T-10 4 Speed-- All original.

1965 Coupe, A code 289, T10 4 Speed, Originally Rangoon Red...Will be again someday-- currently undergoing restoration.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

most deff Chris .... make me a copy of it and send it to me ???? .... i can flat use it !!!!! ...
let me know if ya can make a copy of it and it actually work as most of the things like that are copyrighted so if ya copy it ....... it wont work .. but if ya can copy it and get it to work ... plz let me know!!!!! .... i NEED it !!! ......... lol

Thanks alot guys ...

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Chris

Post by Chris »

Well, I can't copy the DVD because yot have to have a program to read it. I do not have access to the program to copy it, I only have the program on my computer. I can, however, send you the diagrams that you need. Just let me know which ones you need.
1990 Ranger 302- E303 cam, Comp Gold RR, GT40 Intake, MSD 6AL, Hooker SuperComp long tubes; 4R70W- shift kit, other internal mods; 8.8" 3.73 Posi-Trac, 31 spline axles.

Early production 1965 Coupe- June 16, 1964, Guardsman Blue, D code 289 4V, T-10 4 Speed-- All original.

1965 Coupe, A code 289, T10 4 Speed, Originally Rangoon Red...Will be again someday-- currently undergoing restoration.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Chris,

ALL of the ones that pertain to the 3.0 with a 5speed.... Engine harness ..... the connector on the drivers side that goes thru the firewall ..... the power distribution box on the drivers side as well .... and if possible... the harness that is in the dash too ....

ill need:
ALL the ones for the ECU (pinouts and all)
the fuel pump and inertia switch harnesses
power distribution block
the firewall connector (its a big tan or grey one that takes the signal for the oil pressure and water temp and all that to the dash)

so basically........... from the steering column forwards to the front bumper.................lol

Dave sent me a few ...they will help alot... but its not got ALL the ones i need to know in it ...but Thanks alot Dave..they WILL help !!!

if ya can send me ISO or something of the DVD ... i can get the proggie to burn it to a disk and open it an all ... i can find ANYTHING for anything .......... just about................lmao

i got a couple small proggies here you might be interested in ???

Desktop Dyno 2003 and Desk Top Drag 2003 ........(anyone else here is welcome to them also) ....

they are FUN to play with ......... yo can build ANY engine in it then run it on a dyno plus ya can save it and then open in the Drag part and see what it is supposed to run based on all your input.... then ya can anything in the build and resave it ... then run it on the dyno again ans the drag part also .... its pretty kool !!!!!!!!! ...... i love it!

let me know if ya can send an ISO tho (if need be.. i can get you a ISO burning proggie to get it) .... it would make it ALOT easier ...plus i will NOT share it out unless you tell me personally its ok ..........lol

Peace from Oxford .....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Chris

Post by Chris »

Well as I said, I can't send you a copy of the DVD. I can and will, however, send you all the diagrams that you could ever need for your '96. May be a day or so, but I will get them to you.

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

aight.... thats kool ....may ask where you found such a DVD ??? maybe i can go see if i can get it off a torrent site or something ..........

seriously tho .... TY for the help also !!

ill inbox ya my email that i want it sent too ........ if ya dont mind can ya send it to 2 of mine ??? cuz i really do not know if the one i REALLY want to use even works...lol

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy