About to take swap plunge need advice

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Losi

About to take swap plunge need advice

Post by Losi »

Ok so looking to do the 5.0 swap into my ranger 97 4.0 2wd 5spd manual. The donor motor I am getting is out of a mountaineer believe 97 or 98 non pats. I would like to run the 4r70w as it is coming with one. I am also getting the evtms for the ranger and expo and a stripped down harness no ac and such. I have a camburg transmission crossmember which is in stock location. Can I run this trans or do I need to do something custom to use it. I am going to get a gate shifter since I don't have a column shifter. What is the cheapest to moderate motor mount options. I will be getting the mustang dual sump oil pan and the filter relocation kit. For the exhaust manifold will prob stick with stock for now. Will a explorer y pipe work for exhaust or do I need to go full custom. Thanks for help in advance I am sure I will have more questions.
Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: About to take swap plunge need advice

Post by Dave »

I think a lot of us here really not sure of what that cross member is and how it would work, usually a lot of responces. Think the cheapest and most ofter used motor mounts is the mid 80's Stang Conv mounts and swaped side to side. Exhaust is one of them kind of wait an see how everything fits and goes together.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting