little help with the accessories

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Toomanycars

little help with the accessories

Post by Toomanycars »

So I went to the you-pull-it salvage yard today and there was a complete 97 merc mountaineer awd 5.0 . so I grabbed the power steering and bracket and the alternator and bracket.. I got the upper intake throttle body injectors, fuel rail, and Monday im going back for the lower intake and heads ...

so my question is now this ... do i have to use a ac unit with this setup .. I haven't been able to locate a ac delete pulley .. is there just a shorter belt i can use .. and to i need to get the water pump and timing cover off this motor too.. ??
Grumpy
SM: No

Re: little help with the accessories

Post by Grumpy »

Timing Cover and Water Pump ... YES... and i dunno about the a/c compressor or not ... i bet Dave will know !! lol ...
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Grumpy gives me too much credit, only thought I had was to gut the compressor. I know you're on at TRS also and this was just posted by SVTranger. Passing it along to others that might have the same question later.

" You can just delete the ac compressor and short belt it. You will need a 830k6 belt, 825k6 will work, but is a little tight..."

Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
gorgo

Post by gorgo »

if i remember right i got a pulley bracket from summit to replace the ac set up for my exployer motor in my ranger.
93 4X4 Long Box w/ 98 exployer 5.0, aod eld performer 650 carb
72 ford 3/4 4X4 HiBoy big block
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

well i got everything off but while pulling the timing cover off the bolt hole by the coolant passage cracked so now im on the hunt for another..