Wiring Help

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Toomanycars

Wiring Help

Post by Toomanycars »

So im to the point now were I have to make the truck and the motor get along .. I have a complete engine and tranny harness and the comp ..

I have a haynes repair manual for the mustang that the harness came out of and one for the ranger as well ..

Now stop me and tell me if im wrong but can i just cut all the 4.0 wiring off the old harness and leave all the lights and stuff in that bundle and then run the 5.o stuff on its own since i have the firewall gourmet as well .. ??

P.s I did use the search but i got the message that the words I was searching for were to common
v8ranger
SM: No

Re: Wiring Help

Post by v8ranger »

Sounds right to me.... Then you just need to tie into the igniton system
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
My95tang5.0

Post by My95tang5.0 »

If you need any 5.0 mustang diagrams, I have them all. Literally. Every system. I can email you what you need.
95 Mustang-
Performance- Eibach Coils, tube K-Member, Cobra brakes with Stoptech rotors. Work in progress.
Audio-DVA-9965; Tuned by H701/C701; Focal Utopia 3-way on PPI PC2150;Morel M428 on PPI PC2100; Sub JL 10W6v2 on PPI PC1400 Special Edition
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

i have the Hayes manuals for the ranger and the mustang but anything you can send me would be great .. some schismatics are clearer than others ...

duffas69@gmail.com
Grumpy
SM: No

Post by Grumpy »

@ My95tang5.0

yea.........send me all ya got or can send me on a 90 Mustang GT 5.0 5 speed .............and........... if ya got it ..... all ya got for a 96 Ranger 4.0 5 speed...................... im goin to junk my 90 Ranger out and put it all on the 96 extended cab im getting ......

grumpy_01@hotmail.com ................. put Wiring Diagrams as the subject so i wont delete it ...lol .....

thanks in advance
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy