Carpet question

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

87sc302
SM: No

Carpet question

Post by 87sc302 »

I currently have my transmission out going thru it and I am wanting to cleanup the interior. I originally had a C4, then an AOD, and for last few years a T5.
My shifter has been in 3 different locations so I figure now would be the time to make a new transmission tunnel plate ( old one looks pretty sad) and replace carpet.
any suggestion on carpet suppliers?
Thanks
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
nickm82

Re: Carpet question

Post by nickm82 »

i have had good luck from stockinteriors.com and accmats.com
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I can't remember where I got my carpet. I think it was some random place off eBay. It fit, but it wasn't an quick-n-dirty installation. Some corners didn't want to lay down like stock and other corners had to be trimmed. Overall, it was probably 90%. Now that it's installed, I don't think about it not being stock and nobody else has ever commented that it didn't look stock or looked odd.

Also the stock carpet came with padding in much of the areas where the carpet I got didn't...at least I don't remember that it did. It was just the molded carpet with nothing on the back. But I don't think I paid more than $100 for my carpet. I'd expect a true STOCK carpet replacement would be well over $200.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

I just ordered from Ebay.Not expecting factory fit for $135 but it has to look better than what I have now.
As for backing I have some that I bought from car show last year to cover feet and tranny tunnnel areas.
Gutted the interior this afternoon carpet is suposed to be delivered next Friday.
T5 should be in this weekend.

Chris how is the stroker motor going?
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

I got my carpet on E-Bay and it fit very well. It was pretty thick to. I thought it was very good quality. Thats about what I paid for mine, $120-$130
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

87sc302 wrote:...Chris how is the stroker motor going?
It's always something with this machine shop. I get excuse after excuse about why it isn't done. I went up there yesterday to talk with the guy. Evidently the engine is at another machine shop getting finished. That kind of tells me what I was asking was too much for him to do so he's getting someone with higher precision equipment to do what I wanted. But since he's getting it done somewhere else, he's having to get it done after hours and when the other shop will let him. So it's taking longer. The latest ETA is today or tomorrow. But I've heard too many ETAs from this guy that got slipped another week to believe him anymore. I've been trying to keep patient as I can through it all, but it's been tough. I just have to keep reminding myself that getting mad and blowing up at the guy isn't going to get my engine done any better than the 1st or 2nd time I brought it home and it wasn't right.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Dang Chris, at least you know to never go there again. What a mess.

As for carpet, I ordered mine online somewhere too, can't remember where, and it fit mostly. Had to do a little trimming and fitting here and there but once installed it looked factory brand new.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

look on LMC site.... they have everything ya will need for ya ranger... lol

http://www.lmctruck.com/

just put in ya year an all an it will give ya a list of everything they have for it ..... plus ya can order a book for ya ranger also .... they are FREE and they also send ya updated books a few times a year .....i have used them b4 and they are great... fast.. and have some good deals... most of they stuff is high ... but ... if ya need it and cant find it anywhere else... they will have it ...
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy