How do you replace the glass swipe weather stripping?

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

How do you replace the glass swipe weather stripping?

Post by cgrey8 »

In my fumblings around to replace my door glass before getting the windows tinted this weekend, I messed up the weather stripping that swipes the glass to help keep water from running down the glass into the door. It's not bad, but if there's a way to replace that stuff, how is that done? And what is that stuff called?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
carvinmark

Re: How do you replace the glass swipe weather stripping?

Post by carvinmark »

It is clipped in. Easy to replace but you need to remove the glass. Get the new part first and you will understand how it's clipped in. Can't remember what it's called, may be a window sash.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I can find Door weather stripping. But I can't find anything that resembles the weather swipe that goes against the glass. So I got the idea that I should ask around and find out what the stuff is called and then search on its proper name. So window sash?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

its called a window anti rattle kit... lmc truck has them .......... go to they site. and put in ya truck info... and in the search box put window anti rattle kit and and it should be on the first pix on that page and should be be item #6 on page 15....... lmao..... that what ya taking about ????? ... GL...........
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

That's it. That's what I was looking for.
LMC Truck>83-92 Ranger Door Parts

Unfortunately, I don't see anything like that on eBay. So if I want it, I'll have to get it from LMC Truck ($50/set for both doors). I can't imagine a local body shop would have it for any cheaper. I am impressed that their window glass is only $40...of course that'd be another $15-20 shipped I'm sure. But I would've almost considered that since I paid $25 for a junkyard replacement particularly if I'd also gotten these strips at the same time.

Thanks for pointing me to them...
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org