Replacement seats for Ranger

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Replacement seats for Ranger

Post by cgrey8 »

This has been discussed here before. But I thought I'd ask it again. What are options available for replacing the stock Ranger seats? The only recollection I have of seats other people have tried are Honda seats. However I need fully functional seating for both driver and passenger side including working seat belts and slide-forward ability. I don't have a problem replacing the seat belts to work with some other brand. However that just doesn't sound easy. But have never done it, I thought I'd ask to see what others have done.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Re: Replacement seats for Ranger

Post by Grumpy »

i used a 60/40 seat and belts out of a 04 in my 90 Ranger .... they fit good and look good too ....
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

The seatbelt connections on the 04 is the same as the 90? Interesting. I'll keep that in mind since the chances of finding seats from my era Ranger in the junkyard are going to be any better than the ones I have. But an '04 Ranger could easily have good seats. They were a bolt-in solution?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
plowboy34

Post by plowboy34 »

we put a 60/40 seat out of a 94 Ranger in the boys 85. There some kind of modification we had to do but it wasn't nothing major. I would even have to look to remember what it was we did but it was in in less than and hour if remembering correctly. Seats work great and we really like it.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Nice. I'll start looking around in some yards to see what I can find. My seats are just getting old and worn. They aren't ripped and torn, but the fuzz that gives the upholstery its feel and color has almost completely worn off on the driver's side. It's down to the base-fabric and I'm sure its just a matter of time before that gets a tear or a rip that then starts showing the foam. So sometime in the next few months, I'd like to get some replacements of some sort.

What colors were available in the newer years? My truck interior is blue. My 97 has almost all tan interior even though the truck was painted green from the factory. Were there any blue interiors in the newer year Rangers?
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
plowboy34

Post by plowboy34 »

Not sure what your calling newer but the 94 we got is blue.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

Chris,
I had fox body Mustang buckets seats in mine several years ago and if I remember right the ranger seat tracks bolted right to the mustang seats. No mods.
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

Jegs has some nice racing buckets!
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

if you use seats out of a diff year Ranger ... make sure you get ALL the belts too ... even the over-the-shoulder one ... the one that goes back over the seat and into the cab pillar .... that is what i did ......
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
fordmike

Post by fordmike »

I was able to find some very nice leather seats out of a 2k Explorer and they just bolted right in. The only issue that I have is the seat belt track was just a little short to reach the bolt hole. I am going to get seat tracks from a 2 door and see if the seat belt track will fit right.