Where is everyone?

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Where is everyone?

Post by Dave »

You all frozen, stuck somewhere or just counting days for Spring? Looks like it's pretty nasty over half the country. Just glad I got snow tires early, they had the Winter Force on back order so I got some Blizzaks. Sand in the bed. Have someone plow the driveway out now, too old to go out in this weather and blow snow for over an hour. Didn't realize the drift was that deep on passenger side.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by cgrey8 »

It's cold down here too. We had dusting of snow, but it didn't stick. It was 40° yesterday. The ground was way too warm for it to stick. However yesterday never got over 26° with a low of ~12° last night. That's unusually cold for this time of the year. It doesn't get down that low until January and February. Global warming? It doesn't feel warm to me at all. Although this summer was brutally hot.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

thought i was out of the deep freeze here in florida. it went down to 17 here last night. had to put heat on my ranger last night. it has distilled water with water wetter in it. globel warming,yeah right...the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
Soul

Post by Soul »

It was 9 degrees the other day, and rained 2 days before that, I said F going out side. Will wait for some warmth, until truck is on hold.
87 Ranger: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 64cc 185 AFR heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Full manual reverse VB c4
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

as like you all .. its cold here too .... and im goin out in this in a lil bit to work on my truck
ill live ... i hope... lol

right at this moment its 32* here ... will get down to like 12 tonight and wont be much better the next few days
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

Yesterday temp was 21 with 5 " of snow ,not much for some you ,but it is here. Pipes in my daughter house froze so I spent 5 hour partially under house replacing pipes.Temp last night 11 and same expected tonight. Two car garage not enough Ranger and Mustang stay inside so the daily driver outside.
I am too old for this!!
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

Its been pretty dam cold here too, with high's around 15 to 20, and the wind bringing that down to 0.... Not much for snow. A half inch here and there, thats it. Up north of me they have been getting it by the foot.... Hunting season is over so spring can come any time now. I have no use for the snow and cold once hunting season is over..... If its going to be cold it better snow tho... lol.... Would like to see at least one good snow storm for the winter. We havent gotten a good snow storm in 18 years, so we are due.... lol....
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

My truck is covered with about 8" of the white stuff cause it can't stay in my shop. I want to drive it real bad but the roads are too icy. My bed is full of wood and I put some snow tires on it but my driveway is up hill and I think it would be a pain to climb so my Explorer will have to do till we get some nice days. I've only put about 10 miles on mine so I have the itch real bad.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver