Frame demensions

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

redline
SM: No

Frame demensions

Post by redline »

Has any one ever taken the time to document the measurements of a Ranger frame, Im attempting to work everything out on paper before I remove a single piece from my 93. Reason being is that Im moving my springs inboard of the frame like Warpigs, I have the use of a water jet to cut out the brackets etc to install the narrowed 9 inch, Ive managed to get a few minor measurements but not enough to move foward with this stage of planning, specifically what Im after is center of spring from side to side @ both front and rear mounting points, width of outer frame at front and rear spring mounting points, and if theres any variation of the width of the rolled lip at the top and bottom of the frame at these points, these of course on a unaltered frame, Ive looked around at all of the local wrecking yards but havent been able get good measurements due to bent frames or being fully assembled like mine, anyone that has the bed off of theirs or has taken the time to document all of this I surely could use them, any thing would help, Thanks Shawn 8)
Measure it with a yardstick, mark it with caulk, cut it with a torch, back yard engineering...
94 std cab short box UNDER CONSTRUCTION more to follow