Respect your neighbor's opinions and let everybody know it

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Respect your neighbor's opinions and let everybody know it

Post by cgrey8 »

I wish I knew this guy to shake his hand:
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Re: Respect your neighbor's opinions and let everybody know it

Post by Dave »

Chris, Lots of people with you for sure! I told a non gun owner neighbor that I was thinking about buying another one and he said "Why, you don't use the ones you got". Only have to use it once to make it all worth while. Not really worried at all about home invasions or that. I've had a small bear in the back yard, Coyotes just across the little lake (2/10's mile), nearest wolf pack is within 30 miles of me. Besides, I just like to go up to the range and shoot every once in awhile (can do that from the kitchen door also).
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I miss living out in the country. When I was out there, I could fire my 30-30 right off the back porch. I had a 5-gal bucket setup outside on a hill that had numerous holes in it from target practice from various people shooting at it from my back porch.

What I don't get is how anti-gun people believe that banning all guns will do anything other than disarm law abiding people. How many years has cocaine, heroin, and pot been illegal in this country? And how easy is it to come by for someone that really wants it? Guns would be the same. The only difference is guns have a legitimate use, most recreational drugs don't. And even if you do make guns so scarce that they can't easily be come by, people will simply fashion their own weapons. If inmates can make shanks from Dixie cups while in jail, I'm sure someone that really wants to fashion a projectile-based weapon can come up with a way to do it if they really want it from parts and materials found at Lowes. So it's just ludacris to think that banning guns will have any positive benefit other than disarming the nation's law abiders while keeping thugs armed.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Could get into a long debate on this, been done on a lot of sites. Break it in down simple - people don't get it! There are so many illegal guns out there right now and even easy to get even if you are a fellan (SP).
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

You all are right there. The only thing they will accomplish by taking guns away is make it easier for the crooks to rob people, they will still have there guns. Like Chris said, drugs are illegal and they still get them, guns would be no different. I think they should offer gun control classes, then upon completion, they get the gun of there choice for no charge. Then let them know its ok to shoot when someone invades your home. There is nothing worst than the feeling of being violated by some pore bastard that robs you because he wont get a job and buy his own things. My Father in-law just got his truck stolen from his driveway while on vacation in FL. Now he worked hard and his truck and it was paid for. 04 Dodge Ram 2wd short box, and yes, it had a hemi :mrgreen: . So some ass wipe takes his truck that he worked hard for. Left them stranded in FL. Now they have to fly home. His truck he worked hard for, paid $30,000 for, is gone in the wind. Maybe if everyone had guns there would be less of this crap going on. Who knows.....
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

The argument I always make is would you prefer to be standing in a convenient store with a would-be robber packing heat? Or would you prefer to stand in that same convenient store where the robber, you, and 1/2 the other patrons have a gun? If the robber knows he's out-gunned, there's a high likeliness that the patrons themselves would deter the robber from even attempting the crime!
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

cgrey8 wrote:The argument I always make is would you prefer to be standing in a convenient store with a would-be robber packing heat? Or would you prefer to stand in that same convenient store where the robber, you, and 1/2 the other patrons have a gun? If the robber knows he's out-gunned, there's a high likeliness that the patrons themselves would deter the robber from even attempting the crime!
I agree. I think there would be less crime if the robbers new everyone else is packing. Robbers knowing there is a big chance they wont make it out the door alive with a few bucks, I think would detour them from even taking up a life of crime..
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I agree, you would reduce the amount of petty crime by having more people carrying. The unfortunate downside that I must admit is a distinct possibility is people intent of robbing a place knowing about the armed patrons will be 10x more dangerous because they'll likely walk in firing with the intention of taking out everybody in the place. While they may still not get out alive, they are far more dangerous the more desperate they are. But I don't think that is avoidable. It's certainly not ideal, but not everybody in a society is going to conform to the rules of society. That's just the human condition and you can't ignore it or change it. The best you can do is accept it and defend yourself against it. And to do that, I need my guns, my rights to own them, and to use them!
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Warpig Racing

Post by Warpig Racing »

Good Ol gun debate. Doesn't matter at this point what they do. Either ban them or allow everyone to carry. It aint going to change the fact that there are already millions of guns out there. If you need one you can get one. Same thing for drugs. They maybe illegal but you can easily get what every flavor you want.

My thought is if everyone is carrying them then a thief is more likely to go in guns blazin to catch you off guard. Plus there are plenty of people out there that are not responsile enough to use them. That aint ever going to change either.

So it doesnt really matter what they do, nothing is going to change.

My personal choice is to minimize my risk. Yes this won't change the random acts that people will do but it does decrease the risk. Instead of driving through a bad area, detour around. Need to goto a bad area, only go during day. Worried about someone breaking in, then get an alarm and dog. Don't be friends with bad people.
Will
88 extended cab w/ 347, C6 w/ 3100 stall, Narrow 9" w/ 28x14.50 Quick Time Pros.
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/imabass/Ranger
09 Honda chopper http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/imabass/CB750/
99 Ram
05 Toyota Camry (4 banger)
Warpig Racing

Post by Warpig Racing »

Also... I think that guy is a dumb ass. He is publically advertising that he has guns (he likely has several or he wouldn't be that passionate about them). Wait for him to leave and help yourself. Guns won't protect your property when your not there.
Will
88 extended cab w/ 347, C6 w/ 3100 stall, Narrow 9" w/ 28x14.50 Quick Time Pros.
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/imabass/Ranger
09 Honda chopper http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/imabass/CB750/
99 Ram
05 Toyota Camry (4 banger)
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

i carry and always will. i've done many loads to pfizer drugs in new york city from la calf. there always was 10,000,000.oo dollars worth of prescription drugs in the trailer, and me all alone in the truck. $10,000,000 is all the insurance company would allow. it only weighted 5000 lb, i could carry 50,000 lb and be legal. you don't lell anyone what your hauling. the closer i got to new york city i more nervous i got. i kept a ruger red hawk 44 mag in the pouch of my seat near my right hand all the time. i don't think armored trucks very often carry that mush cash, and they are armed..... the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
92raceranger

Post by 92raceranger »

I love it!!!!

if GOOD people can't own guns....then ONLY the BAD people will!!!!