Data logging screen shots

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Data logging screen shots

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I'm curious to see what everyone else's data logging looks like. I read about a lot of different systems but never really see them. I was data logging with my SCT X3 but my tuner said it's not giving him the data he needs so the X3 is now plugged into my laptop and I'm using SCT's supplied application called Live Link. You can choose what PIDs to data log (on left of screen shot). There are a ton to choose from. The pids I have picked are the ones my tuner told me to select. I randomly picked a few pids to display on the top gauges you see. This is just a cold start up and idle in the garage (raining tonight) as I wanted to see how it all works.
Oh my wideband connects to the X3 via firewire cable and that's what Analog1 is that you see on there.
livelink.jpg
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: Data logging screen shots

Post by cgrey8 »

I'll see if I can get some screencaps of BinaryEditor and EEC Analyzer up tomorrow. BE is the datalogging software that is used with the Quarterhorse (or TwEECer if that's what you got). EEC Analyzer is the software that analyzes the datalogs, gives you a visualization of what the datalogs look like, and gives suggestions towards tweaks to things like the MAF curve, Injector Slopes&Breakpoint, Injector Offset, Injector Timing, and Throttlebody Airflow curve.

The main thing I think that'll be interesting for this discussion is just BE's digital and analog dashboards.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Yeah I'd love to see them. In fact I'll get up a copy of the actual data log from that idle in a few so you can see how the captured data looks compare to what you data log. It's just a text csv file but you can see the layout and what's in there.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

BinaryEditor just produces a CSV text file as well. Here's a screenshot. I wasn't fast enough at getting the datalogging stopped before turning the engine off so one or two of the values are bogus. But you get the idea as to what the screen looks like when the engine is running:
BE_digitaldash.jpg
Here's the analog dash that impresses most people:
be_analogdash.jpg
I don't use the analog dash that much. It's interesting to look at and has a wow-factor to it. But in practice, I prefer just seeing the numbers. Also the dials take up so much room that you don't get nearly as much info on the screen with the analog dash. So 99% of my datalogging is done while watching the digital dashboard above.

A new feature that was just added is a live trendlog. It was requested by dyno tuners, but I personally don't use it that much. When I need trendlog stuff, it's usually not while I'm driving down the road, but later on when I'm sitting down doing analysis of my datalogs to determine what happened, when, under what conditions, and why. But there is a use case for it...see, the things you can't get from datalogs are things like when the engine was sputtering, bucking, or pinging. In those cases, it is nice to have a trend log to show you what just happened a few moments ago.

The other cool feature that was just added to BE is an indication of what gear the vehicle is in. Some problems only happen in certain gears so having BE datalog this allows you to filter out all conditions where you were not in that gear so you can focus only on the places in a datalog where a specific gear or gears were used. The gear indication in the digital dashboard has a -1 in it right now. Although when I'm moving, it uses RPM, MPH, trans gear ratios, rearend ratio, and tire diameter to glean what gear I must be in. It is easily fooled if I throw it into neutral though.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Ahh very cool. I actually recognize those screens. I had those loaded on my PC many years ago. I just never had the hardware to play with it.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing