the road was on fire,"really"

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

rojam18801
SM: No

the road was on fire,"really"

Post by rojam18801 »

went to a car show, my buddy wanted to go with me. fired up my ranger and went to pick him up. he lives on a sand road. picked him up and he said it was easier to get back to the pavement by going another way out. off we went through the trees on little one lane sand road. real soon the ranger felt like it was draging something. i looked in the rear view and saw fire in the road behind me in the middle of the road. what the ****. looked back forward and smoke coming out of hood. stopped and grab fire extingsher. dropped front i-beams and headers had been pushing leaves. had a pile about a foot and half high in front of ranger. fire every where. took us about 20 min to put it out. pushed ranger by hand to pavement. didnt burn up my neighborhood. only damage was to wiring that runs along frame and burnt paint on oil pan. so you guys with dropped front and headers, watch the dam leaves. and i can say i have one hot truck, it really put the road on fire....the old trucker
Last edited by rojam18801 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
sho_shane

Re: the road was on fire,"really"

Post by sho_shane »

Man thats a crazy story. I would have freaked out. Good job keeping your cool in such a hot spot. 8)
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: the road was on fire,"really"

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Wow I've never seen that in a truck. My kid's done that in thick leaves in his quad though. Luckily the damage was not worse.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8