One "blokes" view of the Honda Insight

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

One "blokes" view of the Honda Insight

Post by cgrey8 »

London Times - Honda Insight 1.3 IMA SE Hybrid
I love the way British people talk/write! But does he hate the Dutch as much as the car? That's the real quesiton.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: One "blokes" view of the Honda Insight

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Jeremy Clarkson is pretty funny guy. Ever see the show Top Gear? Sometimes I don't get their humor or it's just to weird and I can't stand watching it but most the time it's pretty funny to see their point of view on cars. The nice thing is that Jeremy's into muscle cars and power so it makes for a good watch most the time.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
widetireranger

Post by widetireranger »

Jeremy is so funny.
My daughter and I love Top gear cause those Brits are idiots! They do the stupidest things. I will agree with Malcolm, Jeremy loves big horsepower. The Brits never quite get it when it comes to American cars either. Even tho Jeremy owned a Ford GT for a little bit(he had to get rid of it because it was so wide and wouldn't fit on Englands roads...lol), he also trashed the Ford Lightning saying it wasn't built good. But, what does he know! Guys over here like trucks, over there, they use trucks for work only!!

Shane
Shane

'85 Ranger
302, 4 bbl
T5 with S-10 tailhousing
8.8 w/Arburn locker 3:73
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

If the Gov't and greenheads had their way, trucks would be utility-only vehicles that you pay a premium to own and drive. I honestly think policies are written by people that feel like driving is a task to get from point A to point B only. They don't understand that some people actually love driving and the power, style, and vehicle they drive directly affects the level of enjoyment.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I have a t-shirt that says "I am the stig" :) if you watch the show you know what that means.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Thanks for pushing one of my "Hot Buttons". One news program actually did a report comparing one of the lead/acid hybred cars to a Hummer in overall damage to the environment and the Hummer won. Everyone looks at the imediate effect, not the overall picture. They followed the process of the lead for the batterys being smelted in Canada to the lead being shipped to Korea to be made into the batterys and being shipped back, to the cost of the disposal of the used batterys.
Gas guzzler tax! Think I paid over $3000 for my Mustang that can get 22mpg on the interstate. Trucks and the big SUV get 12-18 and pay nothing. I guess life isn't fair.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Oh I hear you on the gas guzzler tax. I had to pay $1000 guzzler tax on my 03 Cobra and then due to some technicality or revision in their standards this tax was not charged on 04 Cobras. How annoying for all the guys who bought 03s not to mention it gets better gas mileage than 90% of the SUVs and trucks on the road as you mentioned.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
E85

Tuned by MD Racing