Tom Moss technical docs

Discussion of all other Fords, Mustangs, F150s etc.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Tom Moss technical docs

Post by cgrey8 »

Some of you may know of Tom Moss of TMoss Porting. His specialty is intake porting but he's got a wealth of knowledge on a wide range of mechanical info with the most valuable being documents describing his take on intake porting, recommendations on what to do for best results and what not to do. And at one time, he had all that info posted on his website but a few months back, he lost his website and hasn't found anybody willing to host his site. In my efforts to find someone willing to host his site, we ran into other technical problems that were not easily overcome...mainly his old site allowed him to write his website in MS Word *.doc files. The site converted the *.doc files to html so he never had to worry about knowing how to write web pages. But I have no clue what software it was that did that and even if I did, none of the volunteers to host his site had that same technology for their site.

So it occurred to me to host his original *.doc files directly from the EECTuning.org website. Since I'm an admin of that site, I created a Tech Docs forum specifically for his docs & other technical documents specific to EEC tuning and made him a moderator of that forum so he can post all his docs for us to reference and learn from once again. Anybody interested in reading up on some of his info that was once lost, visit the Tech Doc section of EECTuning.org:
EECTuning.org>Tech Docs

Enjoy...
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Chris,
I'm not sure if I'm the one that sent you in his direction but he is really good. You said in another post that what looks like an easy cut and port job may actually be bad. This guy seems to know where and what to cut. Gets warm enough to back out in the garage, sending him a couple of Explorer intakes. Got his E-Mail address if anyone wants.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

The thing I find most fascinating is that his dyno tests show that ported stock intakes actually out perform aftermarket intakes when it comes to AVERAGE HP from idle-6500RPMs on a 302:
Street Engine Intake Ramblings

His charts show that while the aftermarket intake makes the highest peak HP, the stock intake produces more HP across the RPM range particularly the RPMs most commonly used on the street. The aftermarket intakes don't begin to overtake the stock ported intakes in HP production until well over 5000RPM range in all aftermarket intakes compared.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org