Broken passenger side window

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

bravoco2_162

Broken passenger side window

Post by bravoco2_162 »

So I was weed whacking the weeds today and I hit a rock that flew threw the air and smashed the door window of the Ranger. After I lashed out irrationally, I tore into the door to find the window was riveted on. I assume you drill the rivets and what should you put in its place? Should I just leave it for the glass repair company or is it something I can do on my own?

Thanks in advance

Jason
blue ovals
v8ranger
SM: No

Post by v8ranger »

If you have glass coverage let them do it. You can use bolts to put the new one in, just use a locking nut and just barly snug them in. Just enough so the window is tight but the bolt isnt, if you know what Im saying. Tighten them to much and you will brake the window. And if they are to tight it could brake the window in operation. You will want to use a bolt that is only long enough to where the bolt barly comes through the nut.
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
carcraft302
SM: No

Broken window

Post by carcraft302 »

What year ranger? I replaced one window on my sons Ranger (86) and one on a chevy S10. Went to the junk yard. I got the window with the rollars still on . It is a bit of a struggle to get the rollars into the channels and the window into the channels oon the door. Took me half the day on both vehicles but very do able. Much easier to have some one used to doing it do the job (takes them about 1/2 an hour).