Hello...

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Ryans5.8ranger
SM: No

Hello...

Post by Ryans5.8ranger »

Hello to all ...And a big thanks to malcolm for helping me get reg. im sure thier are some ppl with a lot more ranger know how here but feel free to ask any stupid questions you may have for ive asked them myself and i might have a good anser for you....
87 Ranger short box.17 inch gts...302..FMS E cam ,600 edelbrock,mazda 5 speed.....RIP tony B.....
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

5.8L conversion? Impressive. What's your setup as far as engine mods, tranny, EFI/Carb, etc.

There's only a few 5.8L swap members here...one of which is California CARB approved. But I believe he's the only EFI 5.8L swap here. Most are 289/302 based since those blocks have so much more aftermarket support for Rangers, and of those, it's a fair mix of EFI and Carb with most people preferring Carbs.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

welcome post pics of your ranger to man
Ryans5.8ranger

my truck

Post by Ryans5.8ranger »

Well was a 4 banger 5 spd ...i had a what i think is a pre 1974 351w so i put them together.. i drove it all summer with a 750 double pumper holly on it..it has all the things you would normaly fined on a swap of this nature...ford motor sport oil filter relocator ,manual upside down fuel pump{from a 69 ford van with power steering}to clear steering box,clearace to fire wall thanks to a big hammer,B&M unishifter,exploder rad in stock location,pusher elctric fan.regular truck water pump,no power steering or brakes.....but last summer was a testing things out year ,and it worked great so now im on the quest for a little more power,so im pullin the motor to freshen it up with a cam intake etc gaskets shift kit...i also hope to get some fresh paint on too....so il need some advise on some things im sure like gearing etc.......Thanks
87 Ranger short box.17 inch gts...302..FMS E cam ,600 edelbrock,mazda 5 speed.....RIP tony B.....
Ryans5.8ranger

Post by Ryans5.8ranger »

Ya pic would be great il see if i can get that idea figured out il have to talk to my freind as i dont have a camra yet,,,,