87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
Foxracin
SM: No

Post by Foxracin »

Nice looking ranger you got. They look good.
1988 5.0 Ranger
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

To be 2 years older, it sure is in better condition than mine is. My truck isn't bad, it's just not in pristine condition like that...and of course the stock wheels don't help.

BTW, how's the gas situation up there. It's pretty bad here in Atlanta. Most stations don't have gas and I heard the problem is even worse in Nashville.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

Truck not that great until I painted about 4 years ago.
It was dark gray metallic with silver lower section (prettyugly)

The gas is not too bad you can get it but the price is up. Knoxville area was highest in the country two weeks ago.
87 XCab Lowered
T-5
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

My truck was taken apart and put back together, but never quite that extensive. You should be quite proud of it now.

The paint job on my truck is probably 14-15 years old. The original navy blue was peeling when I got the truck in 93. It got worse and worse and eventually it had to be painted before it started rusting. This paint job has lasted FAR longer but it's getting "tired". It could really do to be painted again. Most every major thing I want to do with the truck is indefinately on hold until I sell my house. I'm not a fan at all of this real estate bill that Congress is trying to push through, but hopefully if this real estate bill goes through, the prices of real estate will go back up and my house, which has been on the market for the past 2.5 years will finally move. Ever since this slump, I haven't had a single interest in the place in 6 months. There's too many foreclosures selling at MASSIVE losses that are taking interest. I can't blame the people buying $150k houses for less than $100k. The house across the street from me was $200k and sold for $158k as a foreclosure. I'm just not willing to sell my property at a loss yet...especially not at the loss this market would require for me to get rid of it.

The more pressing issue for us Atlantans is finding gas. I counted the stations I passed from my office to home yesterday. I passed 17 stations, 2 had gas...both with at least 30 min waits to get to a pump.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

I feel the same way about the buy out of someone elses mistakes and greed.
I am 56 and I remember my first new car at 21 I had to have a cosigner because credit was something you earned not given just because you can show a pay stub.
Basicly people are spending much more than they can afford. I heard a story were a person making $30K/yr was given a $100K+ home loan.

I personally live in a 40+ year old house for 18 years. My wife and I both have pretty good jobs at a National Lab. People are ask why we don't buy a newer home and I say as long as the wife is happy I am.
Maybe its my age but I am not trying to impress anyone

I am a blessed with a great christian wife ,3 daughters and 5 grand kids.
What more could I ask for?

Sorry did not mean to start rambling on.

Hope your house sells soon.
87 XCab Lowered
T-5
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

We are from different generations, but it sounds like our views and values are in the exact same places...

But what I don't like about the bill is that there is NO oversight on the roughly 1 trillion dollars this bill will grant the treasurer. If that wasn't bad enough, the whole idea that gov't is now getting into the prospecting business is just absurd. I got no problem with rich investors and companies buying up these mortgages to sell at a later date in an effort to make money. But the gov't can't even balance their budget when people are required to give them money. How is a business venture run by the govt to the tune of 1 trillion dollars with no oversight going to end in anything but corruption and disaster?
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

sweet looking gen 1 man how much is it lowered
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

Ontariov8
Thanks, I have really enjoyed building it.

It is lowered 3" front (trailmaster I beams, which I understand are no longer available)and 4" rear ( flip kit).

The truck drives extremely well. I have made several trips to Atlanta Ga (400 miles round trip) and other out of state (TN) trips.
87 XCab Lowered
T-5
BigBlockRanger

Post by BigBlockRanger »

Very very nice truck!

I had a set of Trailmaster beams back in the day. Ugly orange things! lol
EFI'd 545 in the works.

www.bigblockranger.com