need headers quick!

Sale of V8 Ranger trucks and parts

Moderator: MalcolmV8

jbaer619
SM: No

need headers quick!

Post by jbaer619 »

ok now that i got it sparked up i got to order all the extra parts (fans shifter ect.) but anyways i need a pair of headers. Im gonna hit up the local junkyards tomorrow for a pair of explorer headers but if i cant find any (which i dont think i will) im gonna order um online, and seein how i just blew $450 on parts tonite, im lookin for a cheap set now and i'm gonna get custom ones later when my wallet gets a chance to recover. So if anyones got any old ones layin around and would like to exchange them for some cash, post a picture and a price. thanx
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
cee21

Post by cee21 »

I have the full length headers from Hooker for this converstion (as long as your truck is 2wd). But probably more than you want to spend.
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

You can get a set of Shelby type Tri-ys new for around $150 all day long on differnt websites.
1988 5.0 Ranger
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

Yeah right now im lookin for a cheapy pair, then later on when I get my welder im gonna try to make a custom pair and if that doesnt work, then im gonna get somethin like a more pricey pair of full lengths.

But what websites are you talkin about foxracin? I tried ebay and summit and nothin came up for shelby tri-ys
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Found a lot at Summit with a wide difference in price (quality?)

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch ... 4294902236

Another place I've seen in Mustang magazines is www.stainlessworks.net
They have larger size primarys (1 5/8") for higher hp motors. Didn't check the site for price.
DAve
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

those were all to pricey for what im lookin for but did find a pair of full length headers from flowtech for 150 with shipping. they arent made for the swap but looking at them and comparing the positions of the pipes it looks like they'll fit... plus the guy said if they dont to just send um back.
thanx for the help
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-197 ... enameZWDVW

There not made for the ranger but they fit perfect. I have a set and im using vert mounts and they dropped right in. I didnt have to change one single thing or cut anything.
1988 5.0 Ranger
spoolinranger

headers

Post by spoolinranger »

i have a set shorties for conversion, 150 shipped. holla with email for pics
boost is KING
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

Im actually expecting the pair i ordered from summit in about an hour, but if they dont fit ill hit you up on those shorties, also what brand ard they,

..... Heres the link of the set i picked up
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
spoolinranger

Post by spoolinranger »

well, i have two set, one are duff and the others are block huggers, the duff are for a 4wd ranger with a 302 and the other work in 2wd, i just had them on my ranger, just took motor out , i got a t70 turbo kit with turbo headers so i dont need these anymore, and they are 1 5/8 also, cuz i had 1 1/2 but i have a 331 stroker in it and needed bigger headers, just to show u it on youtube under spoolinranger, its purple with black bed, u may be able to see the headers in the idle and rev video, just let me know
boost is KING
jbaer619

Post by jbaer619 »

ok well after takin just about everything apart to try to get these to fit, it doesnt look like its gonna work. I'm gonna try again tomorrow, but if that doesnt work im gonna touch up the scratches and put in on ebay. anyways now i probably am gonna need a set from here, but i actually got a little more of a budget since i told my mom "thats what happens when you go cheap" and even though I dont think they're gonna fit i really like the full length look so cee21, I need to know how much you would let those hookers go for, If possible a part #, and What finish they are.

And spoolinranger, I just need to know what finish your block huggers are

thanx.
spoolinranger

Post by spoolinranger »

they are just flat black,
boost is KING